Someone please talk me out of this

I use KEF Reference 1s supplemented by a pair of Velodyne HGS-15s controlled by a SMS-1 bass manager that provides acoustic room correction. I think the sound is superb even with large orchestrations since I raised the crossover of the subs from 40 to 80 Hz. BUT I think I’ve found a pair of KEF Reference 207/2s for $7200, and I’m very tempted. The preamp is an Ayre KX-5/20, amp VX-5/20, sources Roon via QX-5/20 and discs via DX-5 DSD. I previously used KEF 107/2s that I loved. but I suspect the combination of Ref. 1s and HGS-15s is superior.
Ag insider logo xs@2xdbphd
We are long time kef dealers with experience  with the 207 and ref1

Esonally we would recommend upgrading your subs 

Rel and mj acoustics makes very musical articulate subs

The ref o n es will sound smaller then the 207 but the ref 1 are more articulate with a more precise soundstage

Dave and troy
Audio intellect nj
OP if you're like most of us, you collect more than you sell.. It's the nature of the hobby. Don't stop now!

LOL, Just think in another 85 years you'll have a couple million worth of surplus equipment.. Inflation..:-)

Respect
Thanks auditory, that's what I was looking for.  I should have titled my original post to aim at a comparison.  I thought the ref 1s sound great for jazz and baroque music, the music I prefer, but not as satisfying for large orchestrations as my ref 107/2s were.  But carefully checking out the setup and resetting the crossover to the subs from 40 to 80 Hz changed that.  The sound stage is deeper and larger.  I think I'll probably pass on the 207/2s.
Are you sure J. Atkinson wasn't talking about KEF Maidstones as the "Perfect Speaker"?
I would go with the speaker that has the better highs which I would suspect would be the Ref. 1s. With the 207/2s you are paying for what I believe is outdated technology and a good portion of the speaker that won't be used when paired with the subs. If your subs are located close to your mains you might want to try an even higher crossover point just for fun.