Best Solid State Amp w/ Avalon Eidolon Diamonds

I'm about to receive a used pair of Diamonds, and already have a CAT JL2 amplifier and a pair of Classe Omegas. I've heard that the CAT has great synergy, but don't know about the Classe. Typically I've heard good things about Spectron and Roland amplification with the Diamonds. Are there any other SS amps that people know work real well with the Diamonds?

Thanks, Peter
peter_s
I'm going to say this one more time, and try to put it in perspective.
I have (2) long term amp(s) that I've had for 10 years.
My Pass Aleph 2s, and my Rowland Model 2 (with BPS).
My Rowland was the best sounding amp I ever owned. The Pass Aleph series came out & sounded just as good to me,
with more power.
I bought a used Pass X150.5, some years ago. It sounded just as good as the Rowland, with twice the power.
I sold the X150.5, expecting to move up in the Pass line.
I heard the Murano Ice amps at my dealer, took them home & compared them to the Rowland. They sounded at least 95% as good to me, especially on my favorite music - female vocals. I now have (7) of the Murano amps.
I recently purchased a Pass XA-30.5. It's in the box, waiting to be heard with all (4) of my current speakers:
Avalon Avatar
Apogee Stage
Usher BE-718
Sonus Faber Concerto Domus

All my speakers were chosen because I like their tweeters-
the most important element in a speaker, to me.
I'm quite happy with the degree of resolution all these speakers have.
If I hit the lottery, I'll probably buy a Rowland 625, or Pass XA100.5s.
If that doesn't happen, I'll bring home a Newclear & try it.
These ICE amps sound very good to me. My reference standards in my system
Peter...what are you talking about....Im suggesting using these interconnects.
I have tried many amps with the Avalon Diamond & Isis. The more expensive ones includes: Boulder 1060, Rowland 312, Vac phi 300.1, Spectral, luxman M800a, ayre mxr, levinson 432, MBL 9008, conrad johson 140 (monos), Jadis da88s.

The lower prices ones includes: antique sound 1009 a& the hurricanes, vac phi 110, musical fidelity kw500, pass x350.5, naim 250.2, rowland (small switching ones) , classe 2200, Mcintosh 275V, nuforce, atma m60s.

My real surprise is that Rowland and Spectral did not work that well in my system. Many dealers in USA and Asia showed Avalons with these two. It could certainly my own room issues/personal preferences.

I could not make good sound with any of the switching amps that I tried. I really wanted to like the Rowlands because I had been impressed by the older Rowlands designs. I think stepping back to class AB design in the 625 is the right direction. The switching amps sounded bland and were unable to portray adequate tonal contrast among different instruments. None of them are bright and microdynamics are OK. The 312 had decent macrodynamics but the Boulder, Luxman, MBL are much better in all aspects for me.

Of the lower price tiers, the Pass x350.5 striked a good balance betw a liquid, natural midrange, detail, bass control and macrodynamics.

Of the more expensive ones, they all sounded very different and tough to guess what your preference would be. What you would be looking for is an amp with very liquid yet detailed midrange (possibly something to do with low global FB) and yet with good bass control and macrodynamics. The CJ had a very high noise floor and lacked detail and had notable dynamic compression. Jadis has a unique sound but not very neutral or transparent, transients seems a little slow. Vac phi 300 had great midrange, bass control was not the best but acceptable (may be a real winner in monos). Levinson sounded a little dark and opaque but otherwise not too bad. The ones I like are Luxman/MBL/Boulder/Ayre.

I used to have a pair of quad 2805 along with the Avalon Diamonds. The midrange of the quads is truly unique. I ultimately stayed with the Avalon line for better dynamic realism.

Good luck on your journey.
..my take on your suggestions Glai.... Boulder amps have grainy highs which will mercilessly be revieled by the Diamond's tweeter. Rowland has a more polite sound (maybe a bit rolled off) which will not bring out the best in that tweeter. Ayre is generally faultless in this area and would be a great match if the right cable is use...Audioquest Sky/Everest, or Anti-Cables Reference...both silver but without the "Nordost" lift. I haven't heard Luxman in a while, but I remember that I had positive feelings about it when I last heard it (about 1 1/2 years ago.
Glai - thanks for your detailed advice/information. My second system is going to be Quad57's and whatever (inexpensive) amp I find that drives them well. But back to the Diamonds: I still don't know how my Classe Omegas are going to sound. Perhaps they'll be great, who knows!!! If they are great, I might try a lower priced amp (e.g. Pass) to see if I can get the system price down and simplify it to a stereo amp. I think that the CAT JL2 will do the job for the tube amp, so the question remains which will be the solid state amp available... just in case the CAT flames on me!!!

Stringreen - my question was on your first post about Ayre amplification, not about your interconnect suggestion.