Best Solid State Amp w/ Avalon Eidolon Diamonds

I'm about to receive a used pair of Diamonds, and already have a CAT JL2 amplifier and a pair of Classe Omegas. I've heard that the CAT has great synergy, but don't know about the Classe. Typically I've heard good things about Spectron and Roland amplification with the Diamonds. Are there any other SS amps that people know work real well with the Diamonds?

Thanks, Peter
peter_s

Showing 2 responses by danielk141

Peter s,

There's an amp that just went on sale here, on Audiogon.
It is called Newclear. Check it out. It uses the B&O Ice module. I must disclose I do know the dealer/distributor.
I have purchsed (5) 1000 watt Ice monoblocs from him, and (2) 500 watt monoblocs. These were called Muranos..
This amp is about to be reviewed, email the seller & he'll tell you about it.
I've been using my P1000s on my Avalon Avatars for about 3 years now, always with a Pass preamp. They sound very good to me. These Ice amps are fully balanced, and do sound better in a balanced system. My CD player is the Electrocompaniet EMC-1Up.
I'm going to say this one more time, and try to put it in perspective.
I have (2) long term amp(s) that I've had for 10 years.
My Pass Aleph 2s, and my Rowland Model 2 (with BPS).
My Rowland was the best sounding amp I ever owned. The Pass Aleph series came out & sounded just as good to me,
with more power.
I bought a used Pass X150.5, some years ago. It sounded just as good as the Rowland, with twice the power.
I sold the X150.5, expecting to move up in the Pass line.
I heard the Murano Ice amps at my dealer, took them home & compared them to the Rowland. They sounded at least 95% as good to me, especially on my favorite music - female vocals. I now have (7) of the Murano amps.
I recently purchased a Pass XA-30.5. It's in the box, waiting to be heard with all (4) of my current speakers:
Avalon Avatar
Apogee Stage
Usher BE-718
Sonus Faber Concerto Domus

All my speakers were chosen because I like their tweeters-
the most important element in a speaker, to me.
I'm quite happy with the degree of resolution all these speakers have.
If I hit the lottery, I'll probably buy a Rowland 625, or Pass XA100.5s.
If that doesn't happen, I'll bring home a Newclear & try it.
These ICE amps sound very good to me. My reference standards in my system