Most rooms don’t need acoustical treatment.

Why?  Because acoustical treatments presented are in virtually empty rooms. Unrealistic.

my rooms have furniture and clutter.  These rooms don’t really have a need for treatment.  It’s snake oil, voodoo science.  
So why is accoustical panels gonna help?  No one can answer this, most have no clue.
jumia
@inna no, a discussion of acoustic treatments isn’t pointless, the original post is, and sounds like a kenjit post...
@dekay LMAO

I don't have acoustical treatments because my setup is not in a dedicated room, unfortunately. I recognized the need when I did one of those sound tests that went from 1000hz to 0. On the way down, I could hear at the low end where my components provide strong bass and little bass and also where the room resonates (as did things in the room, which I removed).
I set up my room using acoustical principals but without using specialized products. I don't have any glazed pictures in the room. The art on my walls are wood carvings and tapestries. It's relatively balanced. I've done this so many timesI feel I'm getting a 6th sense about getting good sound out of a room. What I've noticed is that old homes with thicker, stiffer walls do much better than the thin drywall in newer homes. Older, concrete-based acoustic ceilings are gold.
Is it the best case scenario? No. But it works well enough to fool me. Now, I've had better rooms to deal with but I do also enjoy looking at the room I listen in as well. It's part of the equation for me.

Most treatment, to me, looks ill. And, let's be honest, the sound/signal does not care if it's a specialized product or not. I imagine even the best treated rooms using the latest tech aren't a perfect exploitation of their potential.

Oh, dekay.....*sigh*  'Fanny packs' (aka 'butt bags') are So 20th Cen....

Spouse remembered a wool vest I wore decades ago (until the dry cleaner shrunk it to fit a 3 yr. old).....and got me this recently...
https://www.scottevest.com/shop/mens-vests/mens-fleece-vest/fireside-fleece-vest-men.shtml
Comfy, but I'm prone to 'frisking' myself trying to find whatever I'm trying to find...and you'll note it has the Least pockets of their products....

My 'listening space' is a little better than you've illustrated (no search parties required as yet), but is cluttered enough that I'm looking forward to the day it becomes obsolete due to a relocation.
But, since I run DEQ, it sounds good to my drain bamage....for now. *S*

Something I've considered, since I'm an omni fan, is to investigate trying these as a surface over an acoustic 'blanket/panel'....
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Art3dwallpanels-19-7-in-x-19-7-in-White-PVC-3D-Wall-Panels-Wavy-Wall-Des...
...if only to avoid the 'padded cell' look of an extreme acoustic treatment, and keeping in mine that omnis 'like' reflection...properly attended to, of course....;)

Thinking 'outside the box' first requires one to accept the existence of 'the box'...
I've tended to lean into a 'mobius loop' sort of reality, myself...*G*