Most rooms don’t need acoustical treatment.

Why?  Because acoustical treatments presented are in virtually empty rooms. Unrealistic.

my rooms have furniture and clutter.  These rooms don’t really have a need for treatment.  It’s snake oil, voodoo science.  
So why is accoustical panels gonna help?  No one can answer this, most have no clue.
jumia
It is not pointless. Many people have their systems in living rooms and cannot do their best in terms of making it the best acoustical place.
Erik doesn’t play analog and listens to Luxman integrated. Not very high standards. In fact...alright, I said enough.
@inna no, a discussion of acoustic treatments isn’t pointless, the original post is, and sounds like a kenjit post...
@dekay LMAO

I don't have acoustical treatments because my setup is not in a dedicated room, unfortunately. I recognized the need when I did one of those sound tests that went from 1000hz to 0. On the way down, I could hear at the low end where my components provide strong bass and little bass and also where the room resonates (as did things in the room, which I removed).
I set up my room using acoustical principals but without using specialized products. I don't have any glazed pictures in the room. The art on my walls are wood carvings and tapestries. It's relatively balanced. I've done this so many timesI feel I'm getting a 6th sense about getting good sound out of a room. What I've noticed is that old homes with thicker, stiffer walls do much better than the thin drywall in newer homes. Older, concrete-based acoustic ceilings are gold.
Is it the best case scenario? No. But it works well enough to fool me. Now, I've had better rooms to deal with but I do also enjoy looking at the room I listen in as well. It's part of the equation for me.

Most treatment, to me, looks ill. And, let's be honest, the sound/signal does not care if it's a specialized product or not. I imagine even the best treated rooms using the latest tech aren't a perfect exploitation of their potential.