Speaker Suggestions/Opinions

I’m in the market for some new speakers. Budget up to about 3k. I prefer to buy used. Currently running some Totem Rainmakers. Have also Run Totem Forest and Arros. I love the Totem sound clearly, but still curious what I’m missing out on.  
Most important to me is a lush midrange, musical, the ability to disappear, and they have to image very well. I run McIntosh for amplification so I’m comfortable with a speaker that may be a touch hot in the tweeter. I’m very drawn to Harbeths based on everything I’ve read but really don’t dig the look of those fat boxes.  And why for the love of god do they have 20 screws visible on the front baffle. It’s almost as if they trademarked the look, but it’s terrible. Proac, Spendor, and Sonus Faber are few others I also find intriguing. Especially Spendor but they don’t seem to have a large market in the US. I also find there line up a bit confusing, lots of options. I really don’t like to purchase anything that doesn’t have good resale value and a fairly high demand on the used market as well. Anyways look forward to all your thoughts. 
brylandgoodman
I think you would like the SALK line.  Very accurate sound with great drivers and cabinets.
salks and fritz speakers have excellent reputations and loyal followings, am sure they are excellent (in fact frank van alstine runs salks in his main system - if they are good enough for frank to voice his gear, they are no doubt great sounding and also basically pretty neutral)

@hilde45  -- i have been curious about fritz’s speakers, haven't tried em yet  ... how would you describe the sound of the carbon vs carreras? (and iirc you had harbeth c7’s as well, yes?)

as for the statement about all great high end speakers being 3-ways... well, i’ll be nice... let’s just say it ain’t so...🥱
@larry5729  I certainly agree that Salks are excellent -- I own some. The only thing that prompted me to suggest Fritz was the OP detail about "up to 3k." I think Fritz is hard to beat in that range because his finishing process is simpler than jim's and Jim's take a long time to have made. 
Fritz Carbon are a very natural great speaker. You probably won’t find them used though. Harbeth 30.1 is the next choice.
Dynaudio for sure. I would compare the Evoke, Special 40 and Heritage, used Contours too.