The Lifespan of an LP?

How many times can one play a new vinyl lp before the sound noticeably degrades? For the purpose of the exercise, assume one takes decent care of the record and has a properly set up and maintained, good quality deck and stylus. My system has been taking quantum leaps in quality over the last three years and I find myself buying more mint and near-mint vintage  records on Discogs and audiophile remastered records from MoFi etc. Thanks!
heilbron
@lewm

ROFLOL!

@tablejockey

I doubt someone has played an LP to it’s death to find out
You haven’t seen my 1st press Zeppelin & Sabbath albums. Many took care of their albums in the 60’s & 70’s but we had cheap TT’s with a heavy tracking weight. Line Contact stylus MAY wake them back up. I don’t know. I fell for "Perfect Sound Forever" hype in the 80’s and purged the system. Oh well. i have 4k to play now but I’ll never know about those albums.

@gpgr4blu

Is it because a line contact stylus hits a different point

When I got back into vinyl, (1990’s) I purchased about 3.5K used albums. I got pretty good a knowing Goldmine and knowing what an album sounded. I don’t play anything under VG+. But anyway, I purchased about 5 or 10 from one guy who had taken very good care of them and the looked very good, most NM. I got them home and had very bad surface noise that would not clean out. I had a pretty good setup then. VPI & Dyna 20 XL (I think) but still surface noise. Wish I could remember which they were now that I have a Zyx with LC stylus. BTW, 1st thing I noticed was better bass, I suspect where it was digging deeper. Cartridge before was a Benz Ebony L. No slouch, but not LC.

artemus-

I know what you're talking about. My post should have mentioned those of us who owned the "all in one", Crosley and Close and Plays did shorten LP lifespan. I hammered quite few in my youth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYysz-ifznI

Surprisingly, some LP's with visible groove wear and scuffs clean up well and sound good.
Must be the fact those LP's are bring played for the first time with a stylus contacting the surface an inexpensive spherical normally misses?
Thank you for sharing your experience and research. I have discovered that wear is not always evident in a visual inspection. I have purchased records from the sixties and seventies that are stated by the seller to be  “NM”.  They look really great — shiny, black, no scratches etc. But they don’t all play the way they look. Some have excessive surface noise or pops. When this happens  I do not assume that  the seller has deliberately misstated the condition. Instead, I assume that the seller cleaned and made a visual inspection before listing, without actually playing it. So now, especially with older records, I eiher try to buy from a bricks and mortar vintage store that lets you play before buying and only buy online if the seller in the listing provides notes that clearly indicate that he/she has played it and that it plays NM, as well as looking NM. Is this a common experience?