The Lifespan of an LP?

How many times can one play a new vinyl lp before the sound noticeably degrades? For the purpose of the exercise, assume one takes decent care of the record and has a properly set up and maintained, good quality deck and stylus. My system has been taking quantum leaps in quality over the last three years and I find myself buying more mint and near-mint vintage  records on Discogs and audiophile remastered records from MoFi etc. Thanks!
heilbron
artemus-

I know what you're talking about. My post should have mentioned those of us who owned the "all in one", Crosley and Close and Plays did shorten LP lifespan. I hammered quite few in my youth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYysz-ifznI

Surprisingly, some LP's with visible groove wear and scuffs clean up well and sound good.
Must be the fact those LP's are bring played for the first time with a stylus contacting the surface an inexpensive spherical normally misses?
Thank you for sharing your experience and research. I have discovered that wear is not always evident in a visual inspection. I have purchased records from the sixties and seventies that are stated by the seller to be  “NM”.  They look really great — shiny, black, no scratches etc. But they don’t all play the way they look. Some have excessive surface noise or pops. When this happens  I do not assume that  the seller has deliberately misstated the condition. Instead, I assume that the seller cleaned and made a visual inspection before listing, without actually playing it. So now, especially with older records, I eiher try to buy from a bricks and mortar vintage store that lets you play before buying and only buy online if the seller in the listing provides notes that clearly indicate that he/she has played it and that it plays NM, as well as looking NM. Is this a common experience?
Been playing Muddy Waters live at Mr Kellys for 50 years and it still sounds great.
@heilbron 

Goldmine  standard is a good standard if used properly. Unfortunately, too many of those who have just entered into the fray from the vinyl resurgence are unfamiliar with the standards, etc, that us who grew up with vinyl, are accustomed. I've bought 3500 used albums from 1998-2006 using Goldmine grading. I have been fooled by 7. With the line contact stylus, they might play NM too. There are too many who don't know how to grade and too many who are merely collectors who think a VG record "plays fine" It doesn't. Besides that, what kind of system are they using? I don't want them playing an album I want to buy.

Yet many newbies  talk about NOT depending on, or replacing Goldmine as if we need to reinvent the wheel. IOW, Too much market and too many newbies make a poor mix. FWIW, I don't trust play grading. Why? Because too many of those people believe that surface noise, pops and ticks are normal. So they say a VG record plays fine. The key is to clean records with a machine using good chemicals. Put them in NEW sleeves, Keep your fingers off the grooves. A good setup goes a long ways. The phono preamp has a lot to do with dealing with SN. Don't cheap out on it.