Are the new Ohm Walsh speakers Audiophile quality?

Considering buying the Ohm Walsh 2000 Tall but very few reviews has me questioning there quality. Any thoughts?
sixsigmaguy
 ^Your points regarding ports are well taken. Yes, I believe that Ohm uses a simple 1st order cross-over to the tweeter which is something of a prerequisite, but there’s more to it.
 The coincident drivers certainly have some advantages, especially for driver integration at the listening position. With the right profile they can also mitigate lobing effects.
 Coherence can be confirmed with an appropriate step response.
I owned a set of the original Ohm Fs and now have a set of Ohm 1000s (though with a recent move that has a larger listening room, I may upgrade to one of the larger models.)

A couple of observations.  The inside of the cans that cover the down-facing driver of the new Ohms is intentionally padded at certain spots to reduce output to the outside rear. This makes them easier to place in a room. They would be true omnis but for that -- this feature improves their performance in a typical home environment.  Also, the tweeter crossover is quite high -- I believe 8KHz or 9 KHz. This is well above the fundementals of most, if not all, acoustic instruments, so you are dealing in a frequency range where moving your head just a few inches at the listening position would affect any theoretical coherency of any pair of stereo speakers.

In summary, I really enjoyed my original Fs and equally enjoy the current models. Both offer superb, lifelike sound with good recordings, but the new models are a lot easier to setup, drive and enjoy than the originals.
No.
The original Ohm Fs were enjoyable, given plenty of power. Owned a pair for 3 years.
The Ohms for the last 20+ years sound muddy, diffuse, two-dimensional, and bland.
LOW mid-fi at BEST.
Just shows that opinions are a dime a dozen in this hobby. I also owned a set of the original Ohm Fs in the mid-1970s. While I enjoyed them immensely, I find my current Ohm 1000s equally enjoyable (and easier to deal with.)  

The key is for each person to find what works for them.

The Ohms for the last 20+ years sound muddy, diffuse, two-dimensional, and bland.
Not in my experience. In fact, I’ve experienced the polar opposite with the MicroWalsh Talls I purchased in 2004.

No reason to fear Class D. Good ones sound great these days and Ohms love it.
This. I loved them with my old PS Audio Trio amp (100/200 wpc, B&O ICE) and recently paired them with a Marantz HD-AMP1. Given the low wattage of this integrated (35/70 wpc, Hypex UcD ) I didn’t expect much and boy, was I wrong. Just fantastic. I would love to hear them with newer class D one day but, for now, I’m pretty happy where I’m at.