Do pure copper banana plugs make a difference in the quality of the speaker sound.

What banana plugs (or other connectors) do you use to connect amp to speakers:
  • construction material
  • configuration
  • coating
  • contact enhancer
  • method for affixing wire to connector
  • etc.
Thanks for your contribution.
johnspain
@cakids - I found some different information,,,

White gold was originally developed to imitate platinum (a naturally white metal). White gold is usually an alloy containing about 75% gold and about 25% nickel and zinc. If stamped 18 karat, it would be 75% pure gold.
and
Rhodium is a chemical element with the symbol Rh and atomic number 45. It is an ultra-rare, silvery-white, hard, corrosion-resistant, and chemically inert
But you are correct in that Rhodium is used a lot in jewelry, but in comparison to silver, coper and even gold - it is a poor conductor

From the table of Conductivity...
  1. Silver’s conductivity is 106,
  2. OCC copper is around 102
  3. Copper is considered the reference at 100
  4. Gold is 65
  5. Rhodium is 38
  6. Beryllium Copper is 22 (commonly used for plug contacts)
  7. Platinum is 15

BTW - Conductivity is VERY important for contacts

Also - If the contacts of a plug are Gold or Rhodium plated, then a substrate plating is required, which normally has an even lower conductivity rating than the plating materials.

Regards

I was going to paste a picture of the relative connectivity of base metals, as there are some misconceptions.  fortunately, the above post is correct.  The IDEAL combination for banana, spade or what ever you are using is Copper, that could be silver plated.  Im trying to find just copper connectors, with very little luck.  I dont want them gold plated, just copper, and if any plating is used, silver only.  Does anyone have any idea where to get this?  I will not pay 100 dollars for a pair of copper banana plugs that use less than a dollars worth of copper, thats for sure.  Anyone have a good solution?

Thanks!

Very simple. Use copper if you can because the conductivity is better than brass.
Roxy54 i totally agree, was just trying to find that.  Im actually looking on Aliexpress now, as they are the only ones that are showing pure copper, NOT gold plated.  im also looking at spade lugs, as i think they may offer more surface area,. not sure yet.