Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

Thanks very much for the info Tom.  That's what I figured.  I don't have
much urge to take the grills off my 2.7s.

I do find my Joseph speakers benefit somewhat with grills off in terms of opening up the high end and delivering all they are capable of.  At the same time, though, they are actually a bit more coherent with the grills on (high frequencies more seamlessly integrated).   In fact I find many speakers sound a bit more coherent in the top frequencies with the grills on.

Prof - I suppose an 'ultimate' solution would have nothing in front of the drivers, except possibly a phase plug at the apex of the tweeter. The bare baffle then needs propagation control. We used splatter paint and fabric on baffle (in my time) to break up glare. Later, the perf metal may have performed that function. I like my new Ultrasuede on Felt solution. 

Once a designer decides to protect or otherwise hide the drivers, then it's a dance of interacting variables. The user might choose differently than the designer, but often lacks knowledge of the trade-offs. 
Jon_5912,

Back to amp question, you might want to check out Starke Sound's AD4.320. They are on sale, satisfy many of your requirements, offer hassle free 30 day in home trial. A unique D class module boosted to 600kHz and analog power supply. No association other than keen interest. Mine arrived last night but remains boxed. 
snbeall

Good to see you again. Have you found a SI-1 integrator?

Happy Listening!