Wood racks and humidity

I'm thinking about upgrading my rack and like the appearance of the Butcher Block Acoustics and some of the Timbernation products. My system resides in a basement, where humidity in summer sometimes reaches 60 percent. I have a dehumidifier, which I run as needed. The previous owner of my house was a musician in a symphony, and he successfully stored sheet music in the basement here, with the aid of dehumidifiers.
The Butcher Block Acoustics website cautions that their racks should be in environments where humidity remains in the 35 to 45 percent range.
Does anyone here have experience with wood racks and higher than recommended humidities? Am I asking for trouble by buying a wood rack rather than something with metal posts and MDF shelves? I expect to move in the future, and a wood rack would look better with other furniture as part of a setup in a room of the house rather than in a basement. For the foreseeable future, the stereo will remain in the basement. 
conlad
Look at Adona. They bond MDF to granite with a layer of polymer between. Works very well, but I don't worry about excessive humidity here in Arizona.
I live in the Pacific Northwest and our humidity runs from 60 to 80% outside.  I have a timbernation rack where the wood legs are screwed to the shelves.  No problems whatsoever.
I have a Timbernation rack that is over 2 years old. Live in a very high humidity (swampy) location and humidity inside the house can get fairly high since my wife is cold blooded and keeps the AC very warm. I've never noticed the slightest issue with the rack. Sample size of one doesn't tell you much but better than nothing! 
Sounds like actual experience is you will be fine. Manufacturers often exaggerate to cover themselves against having to replace stuff customers screwed up. If you want a great DIY rack rock solid yet dirt cheap you are welcome to copy mine. https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367
I made my own rack using two inch think hard maple with a live edge. I bought an eight foot length and halved it. Sanded it down nice and stained it and lots of coats of poly. For legs I used 3/4" threaded pipe and flanges and I placed a thick rubber washer between the metal flange and the wood surfaces. I bought shorter pipes for the legs from floor to bottom shelf and longer for between shelf to shelf to give some clearance above the gear for heat dissipation. Spray painted the legs gloss black and with the shiny maple it looks great. After looking at the cost of the Butcher Block Accoustics I'm glad I did! What makes them accoustic?!