The guru on fuses:

For two years, I have asked why and how fuses could possibly matter. All I got was arguments of faith, pro or con. I needed a real audio guru who actually knows. Here is a link from John Curl’s discussion on Parasound’s website. He engineered and designed some some great equipment, including some Mark Levinson gear, The Grateful Dead’s 30 plus McIntosh amp powered Wall of Sound, and his admittedly, somewhat price compromised Parasound designs. He discusses the electrical properties of standard fuses, showing how they are compromised. The entire article is quite enlightening, but to skip to the fuse section, go to the bottom half of page 6. https://www.parasound.com/pdfs/JCinterview.pdf

128x128danvignau
Heck I just like the way it sounds..

Kicking a rock around... I just want it to go in my ears.. Both at the same time..

Regards

What a crock of **** really you guys need to be committed for believing this crud! With regards to AC Mains fuses, and the effect on sound.

Are you guys (no idiots), committed to turning hi end audio into the laughing stock of the electronic audio world
Nice jump in sound quality over that vibrating metallic dingle berry that is now in the trash..fuses are subjected to shear wave interference and it carries on from there. Tom

I see you are using your hammer again. Only issue, the problem is not a nail. I must say you swing that hammer at everything. Don't hurt yourself.

Shear does return to the source and therefore generates interference. Shear is how a speaker works.Some energy moves straight off the center of the cone or membrane. The rest moves on both sides and thru the cone..and guess watt it hits the surround and the frame and returns back down the cone and interferes with the note that's coming its way. And it also bounces off the dust cap.. A head on collision...same goes for your audio room. The world is not just compressive it is also shear.
Shear upon impact is like breaking all the balls when playing pool. Energy goes everywhere and into the next material boundary..

Okay, now I am convinced you don't know what you are talking about. Thank you for clearing that up.

"shear" is not how a speaker works. In an ideal speaker, there would actually be no transverse waves in the cone material at all, but they are unavoidable. If you could make a perfectly stiff cone, there would be no transverse wave at all. However, that is not practical and hence why we have cone breakup which everyone is quite aware of, inverse dusk caps, etc.  This is not news. This also has nothing to do with fuses.  Put the hammer away. Wrong problem.

As I wrote in one of my previous posts for this thread, all fuse believers should urgently seek help.

I do know of a very good couple of therapists and ear doctors if you care to go...