Dynaudio contour with 30 watt amp

I have a Dynaudio contour 2.8, I listen to music in very low volume. If I use 30 watt tube amp to drive it. Will speaker be damaged by the low wattage? Thanks.
maple22
There is good 87 db and not so good.

More power and current = better 87 db with dynaudios.

Tube amps best apply elsewhere.
Maple22,
Y our math is right, 2.83v at 4 ohm load= 2 watts required at 1 meter distance. May I offer friendly advice? Try the 30 watt tube amplifier and simply judge for yourself. There can be substantial differences between two amps with identical power ratings, quality matters a lot. At CES this year and last year in the Dynaudio room( this was a very generous size room by the way) they used the tubed German Octave amplifiers exclusively on their speakers. The sound and music reproduction both years was exceptionally good. You may find you prefer tube amps rather than solid state, who knows? Just try and hear your self. You're right maple22, 86 db is pretty
loud lf you don't suffer from a hearing impairment. At your specified listening requirements I suspect you'll be fine with 30 watts ( just demand high quality well built amplifier).
Good luck,
Charles,
I drive Dyn C1 with a SET amp, tube amp, 30W and it's better then previous solid state 200W.
sensitivity has nothing to do with weather the speaker is tube friendly or not. it's impedance. speakers with relatively stable impedance are tube friendly regardless of db/w/m.
the usable power is what actually defines the ability to drive the speaker.
theoretically you'll only need 2w of power(ha @1khz...), but if the impedance drops bellow 8Ohms the power halfs and even quarters. therefore chances that you'll be missing lots of resolution and you simply waste your money.
i bet it'll be dead silent in the region bellow 55Hz.
i'd use an additional high-pass filter in order to get descent performance above 55Hz where power isn't necessary.
I've owned Contours and Confidence line and 30 watts isn't enough. Tubes are ok, but you need higher power.