Teac NT-505 on Closeout by Walmart

There was some discussion tonight on Audiogon about this streamer/DAC.

‘’Walmart is currently closing it out (in black) for $1,199.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TEAC-NT-505-Reference-Series-Dual-monaural-USB-DAC-Network-Player-Black/1...

As always, YMMV. 😎

128x128vinyl_rules
For a period of time Onkyo USA was appointed the Teac distributor for the US when Teac didn’t want to do it themselves. These units are ones that they probably had in their warehouse when the agreement ended. During the Summer they were selling the UD-505 DAC through the Walmart Website for $899 which like this was half off. The integrated amp from this series is based on an NCore module and has gotten good reviews in the European press. Onkyo has nothing to do with the production of Teac models.
Ordered one on Tuesday. Delivered today. Brand new shipped from Onkyo (SoCal). I have (2) of the AP-505s, so this will make a nice secondary system.   Using Roon on the front end and streaming both Qobuz and Tidal.  Sounds pretty good with my Maggie LRSs and Purifi subs.
TEAC was one of Onkyo's brands starting in 2018.  It looks like TEAC is back on their own now.
What user interface does the Teac streamer use?  Does the brand have its own interface or do you need to use upnp or dnla software to stream qobuz or deezer and such services?  Does Tidal Connect recognize this streamer?
Teac has its own interface but Lumin interface also works and is better. I use Lumin app without issue - just works. Yes, Tidal and Qobuz natively supported. MQA also, fully.