Help an old man out

Haven’t posted in a while....have been very happy with my system for the last 11 years and didn’t feel the need to really upgrade til recently.  My setup is all my music (and tidal) on my desktop using a Logitech transporter as a DAC through to a Bel Canto pre 3 into a Bel Canto S300 with Gallo 3.1s for speakers.  My S300 is having issues with the left channel (sound level is down to about 50%) so it is accelerating my hunt for something new.  I have really been interested in the NAD M33, as it seems to have everything I need, including a little extra power for the Gallos...they need a kick in the butt to get moving.  Also considering a couple REL subs (probably 512s) to get the low I am not getting right now.  The Gallos are good and tight, but they don’t reach low enough for that nice chest thump.  Anyway, I am reading a lot about poor build quality with NAD and that is making me second guess the direction I am thinking.  Doesn’t seem like there is anything really equivalent at the 5k price point and as nice as some of the 17k and higher Gryphon stuff looks, I have my wife to answer to.  Sorry for the long post, but 5k is a lot of money and I am not a millionaire—just a dude who wants to kick back and listen to tunes at levels I really shouldn’t.  Also, if you feel the itching desire to jump on here and tell everyone how bad class d sucks, just don’t.  We have all heard it before, and we have all seen your amazing graphs of wisdom etc.  thanks for your help!
ukthunderace
I had (still have) Rowland 102 - a class D amp based on the same module (200ASC) as your S300.  I liked it a lot, but eventually replaced it with Benchmark AHB2.  It is wonderful, cool running amp, that sounds better than Rowland 102.  Everything is a little bit better - a little cleaner, a little airier, better imaging and a little better bass extension.  The last one surprised me the most.  I use it with Benchmark DAC3 HGC and it is wonderful pair - sonically and visually.  For the cost of NAD M33 you can have both.  DAC3 HGC has analog inputs as well.
I have a nephew, NO ISSUES.. He loves his Nad M33. I can’t remember what he had it was Nad also.. His brother is waiting on his. They are both happy with Nad products.. Understand. one is an electrician..

I’m not so sure a lot of the equipment failures are NOT do to to poor protection. I usually find the two closely related.. I have seen a blown cap or two, on NAD. Been a while though. Sometimes you get a bad batch of parts.. They did AND I’m sure very little protection. Maintaining 120 VAC has only netted me ZERO equipment failure.

I did manage a cable drop that cleared out a few pieces though.. Mercy..

Regards
If you bought a pair of Vandersteen 2wq's, you would not only get those bass notes, but your amp would be freed from having to reproduce those power draining low frequencies.
And, they will integrate seamlessly with your speakers. So, for $2K used, including crossovers, you'd be set.
I just googled the Rel subs, I don't see 512, did you mean S/512's?
If so, then you have the budget to buy the new Sub 3's. They have built in equalization.
Another reason to think of Vandy's are the build quality. Many of his 2w subs still work after 20+ years. I know, I sold mine only a couple of years ago.
Bob
Very interesting question. The Gallos are known for their good bass response IIRC and a well respected loudspeaker. I don’t think the NAD will take you where you want to go and would be a side step. Class A/B amps are really the kings of good bass control and slam so I would think about a good 200 plus WPC A/B amp. The big power supplies and large capacitors tell you they are designed to store and release power. Also keep you DAC separate, digital designs are still improving so there is no need to tie the two components together. I would just change out your amp and give that a try first. Optimize then think about adding a sub later on.

P.S. Are you using the SA bass amp?
Everything is a little bit better - a little cleaner, a little airier, better imaging and a little better bass extension

exactly what I am looking for...all the reviews say the new Purifi Eigentakt puts class d in new territory, especially for soundstage, which is probably my most important factor when listening. 
just googled the Rel subs, I don't see 512, did you mean S/512's?

yep' those are the ones.  I like their build and their amplification...also the ability to take direct speaker signal rather than line out.  Hadn’t looked at the Vandersteens but will check them out.

Also keep you DAC separate, digital designs are still improving so there is no need to tie the two components together. I would just change out your amp and give that a try first. Optimize then think about adding a sub later on.

I have thought a lot about this as well.  Keeping the components separate means easy change out later on with improvements in technology.  There is just such a plethora of equipment out there and it is difficult to audition anything these days, esp as I am currently stationed in Germany.  Also, I am not using the SA bass amp...I have thought about it in the past, but do not want the fan noise, which is apparently very noticeable.  One of the reasons I want to get the subs is to relax the rest of the sound spectrum so I can listen to more delicate stuff at lower volume but still have weight to the sound...just don’t want a fan interfering with that.