Wharfedale Elysian 4 Incredible build quality and sound, but made in China.

When I walked into the shop my eyes were struck by these gorgeous looking beauties. Then I sat down and took a listen and said to myself they must cost $20000.-25000. When the dealer told me $10000. I was floored. What the hell, how can this be? Then he explained they’re made in China. I thought to myself, well if they’re who cares they look and sound fantastic.
hiendmmoe
Yes, but how do they sound?

If this is Wharfedale's best loudspeaker, then shouldn't we be interested?

Business ethics can only have very little to do with the way the modern world operates. Price and quality come first.

Having said all that I would be most reluctant to ever buy another Apple product again.

As long as there are alternatives.
Same product, only made elsewhere.

apple the biggest,
iphones, iPads, pods, etc etc.  

they have about 30$ worth of parts, and stuff, yet, they sell em for 1,000$
profit is the ultimate goal. Nothing else matters.

After looking at my audio system outside the Jena labs cables nothing I own is made in the USA,and it sounds killer to me...I could care less where it comes from..my amp is from New Zealand, my back up tube amp is from China,my failing cd player from Japan,my speakers are from Korea,my sub from great Britain.
@arcticdeath,

"apple the biggest,iphones, iPads, pods, etc etc.

they have about 30$ worth of parts, and stuff, yet, they sell em for 1,000$
profit is the ultimate goal. Nothing else matters."

Yes, but this is how they became the biggest company on the planet.

And let’s not even talk about suicide nets outside windows for those poor workers nailed down into doing double shifts all year round.

I’m not usually too bothered about where stuff is made providing it’s made well, and built to last, but I’m drawing the line at suicide nets.

Especially when the company concerned seems totally unwilling to share even the tiniest tiniest portion of its incredibly vast profits with the people that provide the labour.

I’d like to think that the IAG group who are also responsible for Quad, Audiolab, Mission, Luxman, Leak and Castle as well as Wharfedale don’t do business in such a way.

https://www.wharfedalepro.com/about.php?id=76

Aside from China or USA made, wharfedale makes one Heluva speaker no matter the price point. I still Love my Diamond 225's....those Lintons have received rave reviews from everyone....