Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
Acoustat 6’s is the one that will stay with me!!! it is a keeper!!! to have a 8 foot tall speaker sound soooo transparent, I had all the cone speakers- AR-9, Vandee’s, B&W 801’s, Altec 19’s, Maggie’s that would rattle, JBL , but them Acoustats just lets the guitar stand 8 feet tall in my room, yes they can BEAM at times, but to hear Jeff Lorber on these monsters is a BLESSING ,at times I feel like I can walk right into the speaker and be in another dimension, like I opened a door in the twilight zone. free you mind and your body will follow.

I’ve have a pair of Thiel 02 speakers for 26 years that I don’t intend to let go. I throw them in to my system once in a while and still love the sound.
Of many speakers that I owned (Celestion, Apogee, Vandersteen, Thies, ProAc, B&W), I’ve only ever bought back the same brand speakers again  - Merlin TSMs and Devore Super 8s. I would own a pair of Merlins again, probably not the Super 8s, but I am quite happy these days with the Devore Nines, which are the Goldilocks of that Devore series - just right.

Two weeks after I bought them, the prior owner emailed asking if I would sell them back.
I owned and lived with my Vonschweikert VR-7’s for 19 years..
Then I downsized and gave up my dedicated audio room.. I had to let the VR7’s go ...  They were just too big for my new room..
I went for a mid tower that is efficient so I could play with some low powered amps. I now am using the Daedalus Athena with a First Watt SIT3 amp.  Not missing the BIG VR’s anymore. the Daedalus are much easier to setup and live with.. Not as majestic, but I sure am liking the SET like sound and less complexity and heat of tubes..  Enjoying a more minimalist system.