A system for my college-bound daughter

UGHH!!! Usually, the thought of creating a new system would be fun, but it's my daughter, and this time it's not. 

Sources wanted: Turntable, CDs, Airplay Streaming

Cost: Would be nice to keep under $1K, certainly under $1,500 (true… that's less than the cost of a cartridge in my main turntable). Way less is fine and encouraged, but I don't want to buy her crap and have her go down the wrong road.

Why I'm finding this hard: WAF but at an even higher level (Teen Acceptance Factor!). She likes the way Crosley looks, but even she admits the sound is crap. Hmm, Peachtree might work. I used to have Peachtree Nova. It was overrated, but it would be a fine start for her. The only thing is that the one with integrated wireless would consume most of the cost, leaving little for speakers and a turntable (I'm sure I could get a cheap solution for playing CDs).  

128x128intermediatic
Wilson tune tots or Magico A1. Perfect little speakers for a cheap dorm room system. Perfect for casual listening. 

If you are a superior audiophile like me you would need a custom tuned speaker system made of concrete a few feet thick. No rattling. Only perfect sound. With vents to the outdoors so no internal vibrations. The only thing you hear is EXACTLY what the artist intended. 
She has no interest in headphones beyond her apple earbuds, I’ve tried for Christmas one year and that was a mistake. We touched base and she confirmed that a small stereo system was what she wanted although she doesn’t want it until she goes off to college in the fall so there is time. If I had my wishes, it would be a vintage system, but she won’t like the way that looks so I need to keep looking. She’s bought a few LPs and wants to play them, says she expects to buy more, so a turntable is a must. Thanks for all the suggestions, keep them coming.
@kenjit.... budget dude.... Tune Tots are not happening @1k...

to the OP-

Marantz M-CR610 or 612 (CD, airplay, BT etc...)
B&W 607’s
Rega P1 plus (has phono stage integrated)

done.
Wilson tune tots or Magico A1. Perfect little speakers for a cheap dorm room system. Perfect for casual listening.

If you are a superior audiophile like me you would need a custom tuned speaker system made of concrete a few feet thick. No rattling. Only perfect sound. With vents to the outdoors so no internal vibrations. The only thing you hear is EXACTLY what the artist intended.

One can only gape in awe at the dogged determination, single-minded obsession, and utter obliviousness of this most magnificent of suggestions. 
If she’s in a dorm, get her a Headphone amp with a DAC and some decent headphones, plus a cheap Bluetooth speaker for parties. Her IPhone or IPad will be fine as a source.