New cartridge $500 range

I have a Pro-Ject 2 Xperience turntable with a Sumiko Blue point #2 cartridge. It is time for a new cartridge. I’m thinking of switching to a MM cartridge. Is there something out there that would be a upgrade from the blue point in the $500 range. 

Rest of my system:
Emotiva XMC-1
Parasound 2125v2 for the front left and right speakers
AV123 Strata Mini front speakers
Pro-Ject Phono Box SE phono amp
Pro-Ject Speed Box S
Parasound Zphono USB phono amp (mostly for recording)
I also have an Emotiva UPA-700 to power my center and surround speakers.

I am thinking of a MM cartridge to get a little more gain, having to turn the volume way up kind of bothers me a little. I would be open to staying with the blue point or another MC cartridge. I would just like something that is easy to setup

thegreenline
@chakster 

"When an MM or MI is something special then today's manufacturers don’t hesitate to charge $12k for it. And for $500 they normally offer something very basic and nothing special."

I do not think that is true. The MM market will generally not support those prices. Actually I should say the high output market will not tolerate those prices. The most expensive High output cartridge I know of is The Voice by Soundsmith for $3000. Next would be the Charisma by Clearaudio for $2000.  The AT VM740ML is an excellent cartridge for $330. The Goldring 1042 is another excellent cartridge well worth $600.
Audio Note MM is also expensive, I think it is actually based on Goldring.
If I wanted to upgrade the Goldring 1042 I would probably go with either Audionote or perhaps one of those vintage that chakster talks about. 
I just see no reason to jump to $3k+ MC. 
I'd recommend an Ortofon MC3 Turbo. It's a high output MC, like your Sumiko, but I believe the output is a little higher, and the nude fine line stylus should give you a significant upgrade in sound from the elliptical stylus you're running now.
Second the Hana EL/EH recommendation. I have the EH in one of my turntables and love it. To my ears, it really sounds its best at about 50 dB worth of gain.