The guru on fuses:

For two years, I have asked why and how fuses could possibly matter. All I got was arguments of faith, pro or con. I needed a real audio guru who actually knows. Here is a link from John Curl’s discussion on Parasound’s website. He engineered and designed some some great equipment, including some Mark Levinson gear, The Grateful Dead’s 30 plus McIntosh amp powered Wall of Sound, and his admittedly, somewhat price compromised Parasound designs. He discusses the electrical properties of standard fuses, showing how they are compromised. The entire article is quite enlightening, but to skip to the fuse section, go to the bottom half of page 6. https://www.parasound.com/pdfs/JCinterview.pdf

128x128danvignau
To simplify this ,the resistive index on a steel fuse is about 18 
copper ,silver 75,77 ,4 x less resistance it’s like a 1 inch pipe 
vs a 1/4 inch pipe the energy runs much smoother ,much
is much lower low lever distortions ,these can be seen clearly on a scope , sonicly they do improve the sound ,and each fuse is cumulative . The high end fuse has been progressing and selling 
not everyone has a tin ear and yes they can take well over 100 hours to fully settle in .that’s my opinion .everyone may have their own beliefs like religion ,take from it what you want ,the rest 
respect others beliefs . I see far too many people knocking others .
maybe they should listen to more music .
nonoise  Of course you are right; However, too many of the fuse people, (and especially the wire trestle people, seem to go on faith, especially the naysayers, a group I may have belonged to for too long.  I am still waiting to hear the difference on my system, but my fuses may not do much.  I also have a big, sensitive NASA circuit breaker per channel for power switches.  Only once ever, have they tripped (two of four).  No fuse has ever blown, and I often listen with the volume up to just before the clipping LED's trigger.  
audioman58  As the article says, the fuses must be used for music, not tones, to see them heat up and change resistance, etc.  A static test shows nothing.  Curl had to invent a way to test them properly, as he did for other parameters. .
I laugh on fuse before , it’s the last thing I believe it will improve the sound, I spend 10 box for 1 fuse , amaze indeed they can improve the sound.
This is one of those instances where you take a deep breath, take a step back, and remember why you listen to music. If all you are interested in is the technical aspect of sound reproduction, then you might as well be listening to recordings of pigs rutting and evaluating the shrillness and timber of their squealing.