Building new system starting with power amp. What would you choose ?

This is not how it usually happens, but what if you simply must have a particular amp and then move with upgrades in both directions? Let's assume that the only source will be RTR deck, so no preamp will be needed.
The price range..how about $15k new or used ?
This is a hypothetical exercise, I am personally not prepared for that yet. However, it would be, theoretically, perfect minimalist audiophile set-up. 
I myself would probably choose either Lamm monoblocks or Gryphon stereo power amp, both used of course.
inna
I personally might do an Ayre or a D'Agostino.  however, I'd definitely have speakers in mind.

What I normally suggest people listen to are:

• Ayre
  • Luxman
  • Pass
  • D'Agostino

This gives a nice spread of amps and sound qualities.  Luxman and D'Agostino more similar than not, Pass and Ayre taking decidedly different approaches.

If I was going to use a high efficiency Klipsch, Tannoy or Altec type of set up Pass would be high on my list, but honestly I tend to stick to small footprint conventional multi-way speakers. Wilson's being among the largest I'd consider.
Levinson ML-2 is a great idea. Can it still be serviced ? I read about it but never heard it.
Gryphon Diablo is yes, basically a power amp with passive preamp. However, I would try to find used Gryphon Class A power amp. instead of it first.
Sanders sound Magtech mono blocs. 
 Any warm speaker. (86-90 db 1w/1m)
 CJ  ET5 SE. 
 Rotel 1572 CD player.Audioquest cables.

8 ga speaker cables.

Bottle of Bushmills 21yr single malt Irish whisky!
Can of Copenhagen long cut.

Leave me alone!!!!
Oh, I missed the point, what would WE choose? What would I choose?. 

I thought you meant, you had already see an amp you 'must' have.

15k budget, that's more than I would spend, I have efficient speakers, so I have the advantage of staying in 25, 35-45 wpc range which are more affordable.

I researched, chose my Cayin, love it, it never occurs to me to consider another. That left me with 12K to spend on other stuff. Well, I would like external bias adjusters and meters.