Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Alright then, swapping in Mills MRA12s  is on my list. I might  need some technical pointers, but will post results when able. Give me a minute...
@thoft I think V-1s were in the range $8-9k when new, depending on the version. So you might find one for about $4k or less? I think Ayre stopped making them shortly after the MX-R was introduced ~15 years ago. But I’ll bet they will still upgrade any version to the ultimate one, V-1xe.
Resistor upgrades have been discussed and revealed on these pages for years. The greatest upgrade for me over 20 years ago was to replace all the resistors in my speakers with Vishay resistor bridges. This portion of the upgrade was larger than the cap and inductor upgrade..only thing of equal was to seal the interior of the cabinet with Cascade Vbloc..a cement like product that is drawn into the pores of the wood seals the wood and greatly reduces energy storage of the cabinet.also strengthens the corner joints that are the weakest. A speaker cabinet itself is a passive radiator..not only do the drivers  move and play but also the cabinet.

Poor quality speaker resistors become part of the feedback loop of the amplifier and become part of the signal. Upgrade the resistors.
Tom