Best temperature for optimum tube performance

Is there an optimum temperature range in which tubes perform best?
I've been running tube amps/preamps for over 40 years and have always placed a small, quiet fan in front of them to prevent excessive heat build-up (a modified, two-door antique silver cabinet is where they reside).
I'm aware that electrical resistance increases in proportion to increasing temperature, but am I somehow decreasing the optimum performance of my tube components with this strategy?
128x128rettrussell
Fall, Winter, Spring, CHANGE! That's me. I can't take the heat, and I can't take the noise from the fans or AC in the Summer.. I change amp types, plane and simple. Class D are just fine with a little tweak here and there for the 3-4 months of heat.. 

I look over the valve amps, make any changes I want to do.. Then they go back in service around Halloween. If we have a party here, after the party.. :-)

Sometimes I sneak out my MC240 or 225 in the summer, play the Beach Boys, on the deck. Pair of old Heresy's or something. It just works.  

Regards
Ever look at a "combo" guitar amp? For example, a Fender Twin Reverb (I’ve owned and abused a couple of these) has 4 6L6 power tubes and 6 preamp tubes, all mounted upside down venting heat into the amp (although they’re uncovered...still...), and if you tilt it back it’s worse heat wise...but my amps never failed to work tirelessly. Kinda makes hifi stuff look weirdly delicate and wimpy...vibration? The amp is also in the same space as 2 12" speakers and still manages to work...all night...
My three ARC amps (NOT TUBES) each have 32 output transistors and 3 cooling fans each.  So, 96 output transistors and nine cooling fans.  If I run them really hard for say an hour their temp never goes over 100 F.  Yes, I measure them with a BBQ probe remotely.

Although this does not speak to tubes directly, I would say that if the interior of your cabinet is close to the ambient temperature of the room
you are good to go.

A remote thermometer is very cheap and worth it if you are asking the question.  Start out cold and log the temps against time as well as noting room temp.

Let the snarking begin!

Regards,
barts
Put your gear in a ventilated wood rack and watch how much better your tube gear sounds.