Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Myself and others have applied an opposite or different method to the mounting of crossovers internal to the cabinet.. We do secure the individual components to the board using rope caulk or other soft adhesives as well as zip ties. Instead of slowing down and storing some of the vibration inside we direct couple the slowed and misdirected energy to the floor or wall of the cabinet. I use small brass Audiopoints and the brass coupling discs. The board rests on these devices and the board can be secured with brass screws to the cabinet base. We have an extended method that allows for resonance tuning from outside the cabinet. This method while more invasive the improvement can clearly be heard by using a hex tool..To provide a continuum of thoughts on this mechanical conduit we set the speakers on our Audiopoints or our Sistrum Platforms and speaker stands. We use the same materials and geometry to maintain the capture and redirect direct the  exit speed of resonance to the largest mechanical ground plane..the floor. There is also a similar method that can be applied to bass and midrange drivers which also allows for resonance tuning outside the box. Tom

I had a discussion with Rob G. several weeks ago about replacing caps in my 3.7s. He basically said don't bother, it won't be worth the effort. He sent me a couple pictures of designs he has tried with the 3.7 and maintained the sonic improvement was minimal compared to cost. If anyone else here has modded the 3.7, it would be nice to chime in at this point!
Anyone used Vincent audio sp-331? Says it can handle 2 ohms no problems. 1,000 watt ring core transformer 300 at 4 ohms. Buddy is using one for his legacy audio signature 3’s.
Tmsrdg - I can add a general perspective comment. The level and extent of exploration and custom development that went into passive components at Thiel was considerable. Many folks may consider Thiel's choices as strictly budget driven, but scores of hours were spent on each product to optimize and match the components both for sound and for cost balance. The biggest exception might be the resistors. Swapping in Mills MRA12s costs very little and has produced noticeable improvement in the several builds we've done recently. I have no direct experience with the 3.7, I'm merely extrapolating from general experience. 
Ayre power amps are also a great match with Thiel
My AX-5 Twenty and CS2.4s are singing. Years ago I ran a pair of CS1.6 with the AX-7. Also nice other than I yearned for more bass. And my only experience with the CS7.2 was paired with, I think, the V-1. That system was just short of the very best I’ve heard.