I'm wondering why Klipsch didn't replace that 15" passive with ports? The video claims the passive gives "lower Bass" but I think that is wrong. It might make MORE bass (amplitude), not lower (frequency).
The new Heresy IV has a rear port.
Can't wait for price...
OP a passive is a much better option than a port. You’re stuck with a given port size unless you go smaller. But the moving mass of a passive can be varied to blend perfectly between Room, Amp, and Mid drivers. I use putty down to the size of a pepper corn.

No matter the driver it still can only go so low without issues, the same problem exist if the PR were to be OVER dampened. It would BOOM the room..Thus the need for the PR to roll off BEFORE the driver. The real trick it to get the two to work together, with the putty trick..

That dipole setup, no matter what JBL calls it, is pretty effective. The "closer to the wall thing" is giving a quicker FIRST reflective surface little room to BOOM.. The roll off is quicker and more controlled. NO PORT NOISE!! Better bass delivery system.. plane and simple..

I like JBL Bass!! I always have.. Heck i like JBL.. 
Everest, series. I'll take a double portion, thank you very much..:-)

Regards
I’ve done a lot of research into high efficiency speakers I would consider buying over the years. Here is the skinny:

Price shows as ~$4500. $500 more than III. Reviewer says in essence a clear difference in sound with good recordings due to midrange driver and crossover.

Would have to hear a/b to know for sure. Of course the differences as stated in the article would seem to make the additional cost a worthwhile investment. Probably worth more than $500 as described.

I’ve liked Forte III when I’ve auditioned off good modern SS amplification. Too big still for my use practically at present time though.

If I had a tube amp and need for the high efficiency...I would probably lean towards these as a cost effective and nice looking option. This is Klipsch Heritage line which has historically always been all about tube amps. Forte came later in 80’s but only available for a few years originally so apparently not a big hit back then. Tube gear has found a niche since then. Volti Razz is similar and $4999 so that is another strong option.

Tekton is also a cost effective option to consider in this league for tube amps, but not nearly as efficient as these Klipsch Heritage series horn based designs though and then there is the aesthetics...totally different.

Neither Klipsch or Tekton truly an "easy load" in general from what I read so performance and sound may still vary from amp to amp. I’d lean towards Fritz Speakers for that (an easy load). Those are less efficient but a very easy load and I have heard sound wonderful and plenty loud in a modest size room off a flea power set amp...a most impressive feat.