Rogue Cronus Magnum Dies Help

I was listening to my Rogue Cronus Magnum this afternoon This unit had cap and resistor upgrades done at Rogue by the original owner a couple of years ago., Today suddenly the remote stopped working I changed batteries which were fine I also tried to program a LT 350 but that did not work either I called Rogue but they had no idea. 20 minutes later the volume control started working via remote.

I went for 20 minute walk with the dog. Upon arrival home I found the amp the amp dark No tubes lit , no blue light on. I tried the power button on and off Nothing Unplugged it waited then plugged it in Nothing I checked the power supply fuse and it is fine I checked another large fuse inside. it is fine as are the 4 small ones. Push the power button It does nothing Took it in the kitchen Same thing Dead as a whatever. What happened here?? The main transformer go out??? Thanks  

128x128geph0007
I checked the power supply fuse and it is fine I checked another large fuse inside. it is fine as are the 4 small ones. Push the power button It does nothing
Check the power switch contacts.
Ok boys lets play nice.  As an FYI  I worked in the audio bizz back in the day  and trained folks in sales and product   I am not a tech but can do basic repairs.  The reason for posting this is in the hopes someone else had this happen and it was simple ie replace transformer or cap. I checked the fuses for continuity .  As for the power switch I thought about that but keep in mind this was sitting there playing and when I cam back it was dead.
Obviously sending it to Rogue is on the list but here is the rub  Even with my FedEx or UPS account it is still $50 to $65 to ship this thing each way and going back and forth is 8 days total just shipping time.  Once there the meter starts running plus parts  pretty sure their rates are high. Point being if I can do it myself or local I need to try.
A couple of strange things . Two hours before this happened the remote stopped working the volume control. I tried to program another remote and it did not work either. I tied everything ,angles distance unplugging the unit and letting it sit for a minute and so on.  I  then called Rogue.  I want to point out I got this 6 months ago used and the guy had sent it into Rogue 3 years ago and spent $400 on a cap and resistor up grade. I have owned it for 5 months. and have talked to Rogue twice with basic questions and it was nice. When I called Friday I did not really feel the love which I will address with them . Did you you change the batteries?? Seriously??? They had no answer but I really felt it was the unit itself  I cam down 30 minutes later and tried and all of a sudden the remote worked.  Very odd.  The unit did have a lsight transformer hum on the shelf but many amps do that.   I did notice a little more noise, /hiss/whoosh form the speakers the last few days but I was also using a different preamp tube and thought it was that. The again caps sometimes  make a whoosh sound right before they go bad.  Point of all this if I cannot get someone who has had this happen to explain then she goes to Rogue. Thanks

Since you own a multimeter: check the voltages at the bridge rectifier.     (no AC in = transformer / no DC out = rectifier)      Don’t take anything for granted, regarding the power switch, solder joints (etc), ahead of the tranny.                 If those voltages are good, follow the circuit/voltage, until you find it’s stopping point (CAREFULLY).
You mentioned being able to get the remote working ("I came down 30 minutes later and tried and all of a sudden the remote worked. Very odd.").       If the Cronus was completely, "dead": how do you know the remote was working?      Just curious, as that's how you’ve characterized the unit.