Can the top end of a PrimaLuna Evo integrated be tamed w/tube rolling?

This weekend I have a PrimaLuna Evo 3 as a house guest to compare with my Supernait 3 solid state integrated. Both are about the same price, basically tube vs solid state. I am a big fan of the Naim PRaT but I also find the depth and transparency of tubes very engaging. The Evo integrated on its own lacks the rhythm and pace of the Naim but it does have transparency and imaging in spades.

So the idea is maybe run an Evo 3 preamp instead along with a Naim 250 (or just use the amp section of the Supernait).

But one problem I cannot get over is that there is a very fatiguing high end to the Evo 3. Cymbals, snare drums, top edge of distorted guitars, etc are pretty harsh at any volume higher than background music. To compare, my vintage Luxman valve preamp into the SN3 does not have this quality (but it lacks the refinement of the PrimaLuna).

It would be ideal to do some tube rolling to get the best of all worlds... is there a tube selection that could work with the Evo preamp that would tame the harsher high end and smooth out the sound a little bit on top? Or is this just a part of the PrimaLuna signature?
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjsqt
Don't forget the ceiling for damping/diffusion

The 2 innermost 12au7's as you have found out, are the money slot.
If you decide on PL, check out Upscales page on different 12au7's. There are user reviews particularly with PL owners experiences.

I use the Brimars in my PL HP. 
@jsqt

I hope you find the following of interest. This may, in a way, be relevant to your situation.
After burning in my Prima Luna Evo 300 integrated for about 130 hours, out of curiosity, I decided to swap the factory EL34’s with some spare veteran Ruby KT-88’s I keep on hand for my vintage tube amps. Well, much to my delight, the music coming out of my Sonus Faber Guarneri Homage speakers is far more engaging- more dynamic, delineated, "airy" and much less recessed. I would not have suspected this dramatic improvement. I’m also going to try different input tubes as many have suggested. Best to all of you.

Not many Naim users here, but as someone with a long history with the products, using the outboard power supplies on Naim equipment can be transformative. I don’t know what the Supernait will accept, but if it can take a hicap or 2, it makes a big difference. Much more than you would think.
@chayro

i would agree with this

naim in house ps upgrade or known aftermarket ones like teddy pardo teddy caps have a tremendous effect on the sound of many a naim unit

Not many Naim users here, but as someone with a long history with the products, using the outboard power supplies on Naim equipment can be transformative. I don’t know what the Supernait will accept, but if it can take a hicap or 2, it makes a big difference. Much more than you would think.
Just to follow up on this, I am currently running the Evo 300 with Mullard 12AU7s in the drive sockets and Tung Sol KT150s for power (in triode mode) and it is sounding fantastic. The Supernait 3 has found a new home and this combination of the Evo 300 integrated and NDX2/XPSDR is simply amazing. I've been through a lot of gear over the past 3 years but this is quite a magical combination. It does help that I spent nearly 6 months working on optimizing my room in an effort to get the Supernait 3 sounding its best. Now the PrimaLuna benefits from that. 

I guess the next experiment may be trying out the Evo 300 preamp and mono blocks versus the integrated to see if there is even further gains to be made.