JBL 4349 or Klipsch Cornwall IV

I need some input on these speakers, I will be able to try 4349 in my home in some time but Cornwall IV is difficult to audition, no dealers nearby. Any input is highly appreciated.

I listen to rock, metal, classical music, jazz, americana and occasionally some country. I have Mark Levinson pre and power (power is not an issue with the JBLs although I might have to change amp for the Cornwalls). My room is roughly 16x18 with a 10 feet ceiling.

I have listened to JBL L100 and while I enjoyed them with classical, jazz and metal, I did not find them to be very good for rock. The treble was slightly harsh and since the loudspeaker did not sound very open or engaging at lower volumes, the treble became very noticeable when the volume was dialled up. But like I said, they brought life to classical and jazz, that’s why I’m now looking at 4349 or maybe Cornwall IVs which have gotten some very nice reviews.

johnek
If you have the opportunity, visit the Klipsch Forum:  https://community.klipsch.com/index.php.  I have several Klipsch heritage speakers and have since transitioned from SS to tube amps.  They are very efficient speakers and for my taste the tube amps were a better match.   I will be pairing my Cornwall IIs and La Scala IIs to Decware amps after much research.  
I cant imagine using any horn speaker with a S.S. amp. Granted I think many horn owners are limiting themselves by using low power SET amps. 
Depends on the solid state. I’m using a Sudgen A21SE with Heresy IV and it’s an excellent match. I also have a couple of tube amps but I don’t feel like I’m missing out on much with the Sugden. 
Now I’m looking at demoing either the Cornwall IV or JBL 4367 to pair with a Sugden IA4 I have on order. Any thoughts on that speaker matchup? Obviously a big price difference but the size difference will require a couple of additional purchases with the Klipsch to accommodate them in the space so it is a little less of a difference than it might seem. 
ozzy62
And you need to have a little distance between them and you for the drivers to blend.

Hey ozzy62, can you share what you mean by a little bit? Ten feet , 15 feet, or....?

For example, Thiel CS5i's were recommended to be at a minimum of eight feet from the listener's seat.

Thanks,

Dsper

I am also interested in the Cornwall IV and the JBL 4367 even though the big diff in price.  You can get JBL heavily discounted though if you look around.  I have the Forte III which I bought for my garage but ended up brining them in the house for fun and they have thrown me for a loop.  I haven't been listening to my Kef Blade 2s much anymore and there is a big difference in price there.  I'm hooked on this dynamic and lively sound for now.   In my big room the Forte III are a little lacking in bass but most any speaker is even the Kef Blade II.  So I'm not sure the move to Cornwall IV is going to fix that a lot.  I think you should try some other amps no matter what you end up getting.  Maybe a First watt or even a tube amp.  I have a First Watt J2, F6, Pass Xa30.8 and a Decware zen triode and they are all great.  Also a big set of Theta Prometheus 400 watt monos.  They all work and have their strengths.  You give and gain a little with any of them.  I don't think a Cornwall IV would be bad with the Levinson gear but I think you could do better and probably put a couple bucks in your pocket in the process with something else.