JBL 4349 or Klipsch Cornwall IV

I need some input on these speakers, I will be able to try 4349 in my home in some time but Cornwall IV is difficult to audition, no dealers nearby. Any input is highly appreciated.

I listen to rock, metal, classical music, jazz, americana and occasionally some country. I have Mark Levinson pre and power (power is not an issue with the JBLs although I might have to change amp for the Cornwalls). My room is roughly 16x18 with a 10 feet ceiling.

I have listened to JBL L100 and while I enjoyed them with classical, jazz and metal, I did not find them to be very good for rock. The treble was slightly harsh and since the loudspeaker did not sound very open or engaging at lower volumes, the treble became very noticeable when the volume was dialled up. But like I said, they brought life to classical and jazz, that’s why I’m now looking at 4349 or maybe Cornwall IVs which have gotten some very nice reviews.

johnek

Showing 1 response by rtsusc83

If you have the opportunity, visit the Klipsch Forum:  https://community.klipsch.com/index.php.  I have several Klipsch heritage speakers and have since transitioned from SS to tube amps.  They are very efficient speakers and for my taste the tube amps were a better match.   I will be pairing my Cornwall IIs and La Scala IIs to Decware amps after much research.