Class D

Been thinking of trying a D amp to reduce clutter. Most that I see are not rated at 2 ohms.  My PSB Stratus gold's will drop to 3 ohms or lower at some frequencies. So my question is will these types of amps handle this impedance ?
Thanks in advance. Chris
128x128zappas
We’re talkin’ glue factory boys... this horse is dead..

Of course class D is good, NO they are not a Pass Labs amp or sound like one. They do sound pretty good though.. I love them doing bass duty..Nice and cool running..for the summer months doing mids and highs. Then back to valves for the spring winter and fall. BUT BASS all class Ds 12Ks, with a few exceptions..

Time to feed the chickens..

Regards..

Of course class D is good
+1 for "good"

NO they are not a Pass Labs amp
+1 on that too, and other amps I’ve mentioned as well

I love them doing bass duty..Nice and cool running
+1 here too, so long as the load isn’t too severe as they will current sag.

Nice and cool running for the summer months doing mids and highs
+1 again, but can’t yet compete with a good A or A/B amp yet, which run far hotter

Time to feed the chickens..
+1 except mines wombats/koalas

Cheers George
This graph https://ibb.co/MS3xC6M I have seen on other forums but I never quite understood it. Is it showing that the impedance at 20Hz is .005 Ohms which stays fairly flat to 1Khz then rises to .05 Ohm at 20 Khz? The phase shifts 70° from
.025 Ohm to .015 Ohms across the 20hz to 20 Khz? This is the electrical phase of the amp? If so did they adjust for time delay ? I don’t really understand all this but I don’t see how the electrical phase of 70° over a .10 Ohms is very relevant to how an amp deals with a speaker?

Common jonesy really!!

The "ohm" is for the blue trace showing output impedance of the amp v frequency

The red is just phase degrees v frequency
On very good "phase correct" speaker/drivers that you paid big for!! and especially ESL, you would hear upper mids and highs that are 70 degrees (almost 25%)  out of phase, compared to being in phase from below the upper-mids.
Why do you think good manufacturers strive for "time coherent speaker design", even going to the lengths of staggering the drivers mounting distance to the listeners ears.
Thanks George but perhaps someone who understands the question might answer.