Bose 301 modifications

Okay, dont laugh too hard........I'm new to the forums and have a question to pose for the experts.  I find myself in possession of two pairs of Bose 301's.  Yes, I'd like to put gasoline on them and strike match BUT....I like to experiment with things too.  Does anybody have any ideas (other than my previous one) on how to improve the sound ie swapping out the speakers inside the enclosure.  My 14 year old daughter wants me to install a stereo in her room and I thought that since I have the 301's I might be able to soup them up a little.  
cubman
I concur with the other posters. 
Don't bother with trying to make those speakers something they aren't.
Unless you have lots of time and money to burn, there are better ways at getting sound quality-Like building your own speakers from scratch.

Perhaps Erik Squires might chime in....
Bob
Hi: I am new to the group. I purchased many years ago a complete professional upgraded pair of bose 301. While they sound really good. The top angled grill has been missing for years. I made an ok grill but recently decided to find a better replacement. I looked on eBay. It looks like I might have series 1 bose 301 not series 2? Not sure how you can tell. The ones on eBay use a hardware system. Mine don't have this but industrial velcro. Any advise on these would be appreciated.   Thanks
Buy a speaker kit from Parts Express: Dayton Audio BR-1 6-1/2" 2-Way Bookshelf Monitor Speaker Kit Pair