Benefit of a Newer (Used) DAC - "Bang for the Buck?"

Despite having a SO who fails to understand why anyone would spend more than $100 on a “radio,” I’ve managed (over several years) to covertly assemble a fairly decent home audio system.  (My prize acquisition being a $500 set of LN Belle Klipsch loudspeakers off CraigsList).

At any rate, relying on quality used equipment that is past its technological “expiration date” has, under the circumstances, served me reasonably well. However, I’m now to the point where I’d like to (again) update several components – namely, the DAC.  

I’m currently running a Cambridge CXC transport through a Genesis digital lens and a Muse Model Two DAC – both of which, while fully functional, are fairly dated.  Realistically, how much noticeable impact can I expect from a newer (used) DAC – like a Bryston BDA-2 or MHDT Pagoda (for example)?  FWIW, my current setup does everything I need it to (i.e., play Red Book CDs).

In advance, thanks for any advice/feedback.

tds3371
Actually, @audio2design, you've answered my question:  Is money expended on replacing an old DAC likely to result in an audible upgrade?  Sounds like it will - even it the replacement is an entry-level version. That's all I needed to know; I can now move forward re: model specifics.

For the record, the Belles I own were manufactured in 1984 - and have new Crites AB-2 crossovers.  The original Klipsch AB crossovers in these speakers were not particularly good; Bob won't even rebuild them. Production of the Belles was phased out in ~2005.
There are a lot of excellent DACs below $1K (new and used). In addition to the ones mentioned, I'd look at the Denafrips Aries II (new for about $800) and the Schiit Gungnir MB (used for about $950).
If and when I can travel again, I want to get a high end "travel DAC" for headphones.  Was looking at the RME ADI-2.
As always, just look for items you can home demo, or buy used so that you don't take a loss upon resale. 

If you're set on buying a new dac, I'd recommend trying to hear as many contenders as possible in your own system.  Especially with the pandemic, many places are offering no question returns, and getting 4 or 5 different dacs in the system at once can be an illuminating experience. You can do a bit of blind testing and it'll show you how much (or how little) the different designs matter in your system and to your ears.  Plus you'll learn a bit about what reviewers hear things as you do and who to trust for any future purchase recommendations. No shame in blatantly copying those who have ears that hear the same way yours do.   

If you're looking for brands, I liked the iFi iDSD pro dac that I tried.  Might be worth demoing one of their models that's in your price range.  Good features, engineering, and sound quality.