Neil Young calls out Tidal

TIDAL is calling their files of my songs Masters. But TIDAL’s MQA files are not my masters. I make my masters - not TIDAL. I made my masters the way I wanted them to sound. If TIDAL referred to their titles as TIDAL MASTERS, I would have no problem, but they don’t. They call them Masters. I had my music removed from that platform. They are not my masters.”.

https://www.realhd-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/210118_NYA.jpg

128x128fuzztone
Post removed 
Don't think it's all about maximizing return on investment and profits (if they ever get there)? Companies like TIDAL and nugs.net are charging a hefty premium for content encoded with MQA. Take a look at the following chart taken from the nugs.net site. The cost of the MQA encoded format is twice the cost of the MP3 and $2.00 more than a lossless "HD" version encoded using FLAC. Give me the "HD" FLAC version. FLAC is an excellent codec, it's FREE, and lossless. In fact, MQA "comes is a lossless FLAC file." Why pay more for something you can get for free?
Mr. Stuart didn’t roll out MQA out of charity or his love for the music :-)

I never cared for MQA, they do sound ‘bright’ in upper frequencies. I dumped Tidal shortly after Qobuz entered US market.
From Doc Aix letter:

EDITOR'S NOTE: MQA claims, "...you get exactly what the creators intended," is patently false! You get what MQA or TIDAL decides sounds "better."