FUSES, Finally!?

I have been adamant about avoiding special fuses, because of the lack of empirical studies.  Here is my question:  What would be something not too expensive that would be a good start.  I use three dual mono Audire amps (for Woofs, Mids and Tweets, and Subs, each of the six channel having four fuses.  I would not not want to spend thousands, even if I could, just to experiment.  My heat sinks do unplug, along with the outputs, and I could try just one channel or one amp.  Paul of PS mentioned what they use, and that might eventually be a possibility, but what do you guys (and gals?) think I should do, to just to convince this ageing skeptic?  Also, each channel of my amps has one single, dedicated computer chip that regulates the filling of the 4 26,000 mf caps (per channel), which might make any difference less than a design that allows a flood of electrons into the tank, presuming that might matter.  DanV
128x128danvignau
It's simple if I was down under I'd have George fix my stuff If he had the time.. I can always sneak in my fuse later.. I'm sure he's quite handy in the troubleshoot and repair department.. And what George likes, all weigh a TON.. I like tonnage in speakers and amps.. just not on the back of the old flathead. 115 is about it.. Tire rubs.. :-)

Regards
Thanks dan, he only said that because he put himself into the snake oil group I was generalizing about, that also say AC fuses are directional.
Thanks, Georgie, for validating what I said about you. 👍
You're Santa's little helper, for sure.

All the best,
Nonoise

danvignau...Are you new to these forums? If you aren't then you have to know how this thread is going to go. Fuses have been discussed in many threads. There's nothing new to add. Are you just instigating?
If you want to perform a free short term experiment to determine if fuses can make a difference, take a small piece of heavy gauge wire or metal and bridge the fuse holder.  Your equipment of course will not be protected during the test but the likelihood it fails catastrophically during the test is very small. 
cal9127  I am not instigating, per se, but I was looking for a spontaneous answer (just received from willcycle), that for the method I had used to determine that on my amps, which have one computer chip per channel that regulates the power supply, to finally satisfy my curiosity, while confirming what I thought was true, which is:  If you have a power supply that is designed with a lot of overkill, and this supply is highly regulated by (only) limiting current to the filter caps which are much larger than necessary, fuses make no difference whatsoever.  Thanks to Paul from PS Audio, who inadvertently made me able to figure this out, when in one of his videos, he said that we should not turn our amps off, because of the heavy surge of electricity that floods the system and creates electronic wear.  My amps do not do that!  Thanks Paul!  For my amps, which have a 500 watt transformer and 4 26,000 mf filter caps per channel, fancy fuses (tested by shorting the fuse blocks) do not matter at all.  I am just surprised that his amps do not have this design feature.  COMPARISON: An early Bryston 200 wpc amp has two 4000 mf filter caps per channel. My amps are 125 wpc (@ 8 ohms; 250 @ 4; 400 @ 2), with six and a half times that, AND have a totally regulated power supply.  For now, I will state that I have seen no indication that fuses matter on a well designed amp.  FYI, my Bryston did sound a bit better at loud volumes with the fuse blocks shorted.  It also drops a lot of bass at high volumes.  The Audires do not, except for one I bought used that had the filter caps changed to 12000 mf x 4 per channel, instead of 26,000 mf.   Audire did eventually make better amps than mine, but mostly by at least doubling my 6 output transistors per channel.  They were 100 wpc, class A, and 200 wpc, A/B, in the same chassis. Their power supply is the same (Except for an early version that used the Audire 100 wpc amp's single 1000 watt transformer).