Bluesound Node2 with outboard DAC

Has anyone used the Bluesound Node or Vault for music streaming connected to a good outboard DAC and respond to how good the combo sounds. I see the Bluesound has great connectivity and streaming options with a good user interface. Curious if using with a good dac is worth the money. 
I'm using Ayre 5xeMP preamp,  Mark Levinson 532h amp and Revel Performa floorstanders. Cardas interconnects.  
Currently using OPPO 105d as my music player and streamer,  don't like it disconnects from my tablet app control a lot and hoping for better resolution. I use Tidal HiFi for streaming and usb hard drive for stored music files. 
Appreciate relevant replies. Thanks Audiogon group
lnitm
@dbphd ,
That is what I am doing.
Node to Codex. I have no experience with Roon/Mac, so I can't say it will sound 'better', but I am very happy with my current combo.
Bob
I have a differenct but related question: when I hookup my external DAC to the Node2i, do I have the interconnects go from my DAC to the amp or from the Node2i to the amp?  (there is a toslink from the Node to the DAC in both cases)
@garthb309 your interconnects need to go from the tac to the pre/amp. If you hook the RCA interconnects to the Node then you are using the Node's DAC.

2nd or 3rd the RME and I also have a node 2. Obvious improvement and only on 3rd day but was a demo so probably broken in. Excited to mess with settings as there are loads of them. 
I plugged Vault 2i into my Pro-Ject S2D DAC via coax and noticed change from 44.1 to 88 and 96 ok MQA file played by Bluesound.  So it appears that all the MQA unfolding is done by the Bluesound which is reflected on my DAC’s display. Am I understanding it correctly?  I know that for the Pro-next to perform MQA unfolding, it has to be connected to a source via USB. However if I am am able to pull off MQA streaming via above connection, it would greatly simplify my system.