Harley quote

Regarding two aftermarket power cables: "These differences in the shapes of the musical waveforms are far too small to see or measure with even the most sophisticated technology, yet we as listeners not only routinely discriminate such differences, we sometimes find musical meaning in these differences."

Nonsense. Just because people claim to "routinely discriminate" differences doesn't mean it's true or they're right. Apparently many have witnessed UFOs but that doesn't mean they actually saw extraterrestrial visitors, does it? Some have seen/heard a deity speaking to them "routinely"; does that imply that they are surely communing with an unseen/unmeasurable spiritual force(s)? Can we not put a little more effort into confirmatory reality-testing first when "the most sophisticated technology" can find nothing in 2020? (Of course, speaker cables can measure differently as per here, here, even if not necessarily audible in many cases by the time we connect amp to speaker.)

ARCHIMAGO
128x128fuzztone
To me NoNoise, the problems are all related. Whether a belief adherence to how our world works due to religion even in the face of massive evidence to counter, whether choosing to ignore even your brand of partisan election official, or claiming you are not influenced by bias in listening, or mistaking preference for accuracy.  The outcomes are different, but the mental process to get there, and arguably the precursors are the same.
The workings and mechanics you describe are correct but I just don't have the capacity right now to address everything brought up lately.
Much, to much going on for me to be even handed, thoughtful and even snarky without outright losing it. But, that's just me speaking for me.

All the best,
Nonoise

Harley is the audiophile world’s ultimate subjectivist. He believes that the ear/brain interface is endowed with magical powers, and that sound quality transcends any attempt to qualify it by any type of objective measure.  This proves to be quite convenient for him.

Just one example: I remember being dismayed at seeing self-published pictures of his previous listening room, which was his living room. It was an untreated three-walled room with one side completely open to the rest of the house.  Irredeemable by objective acoustic measures, yet he claimed that it was a great sounding room.
The only cables that sound the same are the same!  Which works for your world view regarding expectations for your audio system is personal.  Everything else is blather!
I think that rocks lie big time. In fact, they are notorious liars.