Herron VTPH-2A Phono Preamp....anyone familiar?

Hi just reaching out to get any input/feedback  on the Herron VTPH-2A Phono Preamp.   While I'm happy with my existing Parasound JC3 Jr., someone recommended the Herron, so I got intrigued, as I've never run into, nor listened to, any Herron products.  
Thks, Jim

jhajeski
If you think your system sounds great, why not just stick with it? Keep in mind that if you go with tubes, you may end up going down the "rabbit hole", spending countless hours and dollars looking to get the lowest noise and highest performing tubes. This is coming from a tube guy.

If you are still "tube curious", see if you can find a decent phono stage" that comes with a trial period. Modwright, Music Direct and Tavish Audio Design all offer trial periods (to get a taste of tubes)...as does PS Audio, but it’s not a tube design. : ) Good luck!

If you think your system sounds great, why not just stick with it? Keep in mind that if you go with tubes, you may end up going down the "rabbit hole", spending countless hours and dollars looking to get the lowest noise and highest performing tubes. This is coming from a tube guy.

Exactly, even in the line level pre-amp or power amp.

In a phono stage can be more problematic, especially for LOMC cartridges.

If you want a very special phono stage for low impedance LOMC then check Current Mode (Current Injection) type of phono stages like 47 Labs Phono Cube or others. 

I thought my system sounded great with the previous components. Then I replaced components as time went by and my system sounded better. I'm getting the same amount of enjoyment out of my stereo as I did before but it does sound better. I doubt I could get more enjoyment out of my system but if a tube phono preamp improved the sonics then I'd be interested to make that happen. I've heard so many times that when playing vinyl, tubes take the sonics to another level.  I am curious to hear the difference they make.

The two phono preamps I am interested in are the Herron VTPH-2 and the ModWright 9.0. After going over the build of each of them, I think I'd prefer the Herron. I know ModWright offers a 14 day trial but if I liked the tube sound I wouldn't feel right about returning the ModWright and buying the Herron. Unfortunately Herron doesn't offer a trial period. So for now I'm waiting to make a decision.
Exactly, even in the line level pre-amp or power amp.

In a phono stage can be more problematic, especially for LOMC cartridges.

If you want a very special phono stage for low impedance LOMC then check Current Mode (Current Injection) type of phono stages like 47 Labs Phono Cube or others.

My amplifier is the Yamaha A-S3000 integrated. I'm not going to add a separate preamp. I don't need additional power so that rules out a power amp. My mono TT uses a high output MC mono cartridge. My stereo TT uses a MM cart. If I ever upgrade to a LOMC and a problem develops, I still have the internal discrete phono stage of the Yamaha. However, adding a separate phono preamp solves another problem. There is only one set of phono inputs on the back of the amp so I have to disconnect and reconnect the other TT every time I go from playing a mono record to a stereo record.
My amplifier is the Yamaha A-S3000 integrated. I'm not going to add a separate preamp. I don't need additional power so that rules out a power amp. My mono TT uses a high output MC mono cartridge. My stereo TT uses a MM cart. If I ever upgrade to a LOMC and a problem develops, I still have the internal discrete phono stage of the Yamaha. However, adding a separate phono preamp solves another problem. There is only one set of phono inputs on the back of the amp so I have to disconnect and reconnect the other TT every time I go from playing a mono record to a stereo record.

How does it all related to the OP question ? 

Tube phono stage with tube amp will generate more noise than solid state type. I also have Yamamoto, but A-08s. 

In your situation the Gold Note PH-10 is a phono stage with 2 independent MM/MC input, you can connect two turntables and each one can be MM or MC. Yamaha is junk @vuch