My hearing deficits are becoming clear...

Gents,
I am a life-long audiophile with a nice system which I enjoy immensely.  For years I have had problems comprehending conversations in lively rooms with lots of folks speaking at once, but it has not diminished one iota my enjoyment of my audio system.  However, today, in a room with 5 guys talking over a football game on the TV, I was just flummoxed trying to understand what the heck anyone was saying.  The aural dissonance just drove me nuts so I departed, realizing that I need to address his deficit.

I reach out to my friends on this forum for recommendations for hearing aids for an audiophile like myself.  I prefer tube amplification in my system, but I don't suppose that is possible with hearing aids.  I'd look silly walking down the street with a 12AX7 tube sticking out of each ear, right?  Any input would be much appreciated.   Mark in Sacramento
whitestix
From a background of NOISE making, I can tell you protect what you have. This may sound strange but taking care of your ears, nose and throat can really help. People say it only gets worse, I KNOW with care it can get better.  Stay away from "LOUD", I don't care if its a train going by or an aircraft taking off, protect yourself..ENT doctors will tell you clean your ears with great care, gargle for your nose and throat.. 

Don't smoke cheap tobacco or weed. No smoking at all is best, BUT if you must... Cheap is NO GOOD. Booze, what can I say. I don't drink BUT if I did, no cheap stuff.. A  "single" Single malt maybe once every couple of years..

I also had two underlying problem with tinnitus, and hypersensitivity. I had my heart repaired and ALL of the tinnitus symptoms subsided. Last test I was good to over 16K at 65+ years old. A lifetime of "Loud" can leave you in a world of NOTHING. Protect what you have.

They make BIG EARS, look goofy but work pretty good with an adj or two... It's a collection device for worn ears..

Besides, most of what folks are talking about goes in one ear and out the other, anyways... LOL MUCIC, though!!!!!!

Hat on the floor, as I slowly walk around to the beat of the music.. my faithful dog following me... OLAY......Amego.... 

Regards

For some reason, I cannot get links to work right now. Look up Auditory Processing Disorder. It is not uncommon and can onset in adults. I have dealt with it my entire life and it is very frustrating at times.
Get that hearing checked.

I'm no good past 7khz with imbalance of L/R AND  massive tinnitus. Doesn't interfere with music, but like you when in a noisy room with people, it's difficult at times to pick some things up in a conversation. 
I believe MC has a lot in common with our prez, they just can’t help themselves.