Any JBL L150A users out there?

My local shop has a pair on consignment, but in black. The owner claims this is original, but I don't recall black as an option for this speaker. Any insight???

I have the L100 right now and it's a decent speaker, but a bit harsh on the top end sometimes. I would love to pick up some L112's or even this L150A for a smoother sound with more deeper bass.
chad329
Detredwings, the silver 044 tweeter is NOT titanium. Even the black/gold domed 044-1 that ONLY came in the L250 was not either. The 044 is a phenolic dome with a vapor deposited aluminum coating. The later Ti series; 18ti,120ti,240ti and 250ti had a 044ti driver which still had an aluminum housing (like the 044 but different), and a titanium diaphragm. The later L"T" series; L20T,L60T,L80T,L100T, had the 035ti plastic faced driver which later changed to 035tia.
Thanks Krelladdict,

That may of just been how it was marketed at the time. I just remember that as one of it's attributes. I sold them in around 87. One thing to mention. The woofers had to be repaired under warranty. The rubber rotted and had to be replaced. I'm not sure if they have better parts now?
My brochure only shows walnut which is what I currently own.

I have seen on e-bay black units but they appear to have different tweeters and midranges.

Hope that helps.

Dan