Preferred Node 2i and Ayre CDP connections to Soekris 2541 DAC?

Old timer 2 channel guy who just today took delivery of a Soekris 2541 DAC, and I'm about to order a Node 2i for my first foray into the world of streaming.  I currently run an Ayre CDP via XLRs into my Pathos Logos integrated amp. I now plan on running the Soekris into the amp via XLRs. 

The Ayre CDP was rated very highly in it's day, but since it's now 15 years old, I assume I'd want to run that through the Soekris unit, as well as the Node.  My question/s is what do you recommend I run for connections from the Node and the Ayre CDP into the DAC?   Soekris has TOS, RCA, BNC, AES, and of course USB 'ins'. Since I have to purchase a new cable or two anyway, which connections would you suggest I use.  Ayre has XLR and RCA outs.  I've been away from the hobby for about a dozen years so explain your thoughts to me on the connections like I was a 4 year old. 
northwoods_maine
northwoods_maine

I,too, enjoy an AYRE DX-5 universal spinner. It is 10 years old, still superb in sound quality. Keep your Ayre and enjoy the Music.

Happy Listening!

gdrbobThe OP stated a 2i , NOT a N100.
AES/EBU is preferred so go with the first response, lowrider57:
Coax (RCA) SPDIF for the other one.
If it’s got it. You’ve never offered a model number.
The CX-7eMP has AES/EBU out with a switch.
Contact Ayre. They do upgrades. Maybe they can get you there.
@fuzztone  -  I guess you missed it but I did name the DAC by brand and model in the first sentence of the OP.  I think I understand the preferred connections now, thanks to all.
I believe the Technics SL G700 is an all in one player/streamer. Excellent engineering AND true balanced outs
Did you get your answers?  Are you all setup?  

The Ayre does have an AES output that you can use to feed the DAC2541.  I think you have to flip a switch to turn it on.  Of course you can still play the CD player out to your system via analog.

I am not sure where you are going with all of this.  I assume you have an amp/or pre-amp/amp and speakers.

The Node 2i has unbalanced outputs that you can feed to that directly to the rest of the system..  May not sound as good as the Soekris.

Let me know if I can help more.