Interesting development

I tend to follow the sales of various LP’s on Ebay. Recently, i have noticed that the price of many of them seems to have skyrocketed! For example, many of the Mobile Fidelity albums have sold for prices that are two-four times more than what they were when new! This is a new development, as only recently, say in the last six months, the same LP’s were selling at or below their original retail price, no more! The recent MFSL reissues of the  Miles Davis LP’s are a good example...some of them sat on the various sites that sold them new for years at the same price, or even slightly below...now we see these very same albums going for up to four times what they originally sold for..
Same goes for several of the Analogue Productions reissues..what’s up??

128x128daveyf
daveyf, I just did explain it. The post immediately preceding yours.

By the time enough prices are rising fast enough to catch on to what I’m saying it will be too late.
https://cms.zerohedge.com/s3/files/inline-images/https___images.saymedia-content.com_.image_MTc4MDAx...
@millercarbon sorry, but I don’t think your reasoning explains the sudden rise in value of the particular albums that I mentioned in my prior post. 
Are they asking 3 to 4 times the issue price or are they Selling at 3 to 4 times? I just bought a new issue of Lee Morgan’s Sidewinder for about $30, the cheapest I found on eBay was $200.
Asking and selling are two different things.

Some posts are over-simplifying the issue, others over-complicating it.

Sidewinder by Lee Morgan is available in a new pressing (one title in the Blue Note Classic series) for $20-25. The copies of the album going for hundreds of dollars are different pressings (the Tone Poet series, for one), now out-of-print. Original Blue Note copies from the early-60’s are very expensive as well.

Mobile Fidelity makes an initial pressing of a title, often between 1,000 and 3,000 copies. Some are limited editions (with no second pressing planned), some are not. While still in print (copies available at Music Direct and their dealer network), the MoFi LP’s sell for $34.99. As soon as all the first pressing copies are sold, the price of the copies still out there immediate skyrockets. Some titles will now cost a hundred bucks or more. The same is true of LP titles offered by Analogue Productions.

However, some titles are only temporarily out-of-print, awaiting a repressing. Dylan’s great album Planet Waves has been unavailable for a while, so copies were going for $50-100. It is now again available for $34.99 at Music Direct, a new repress having just been done. The guy still trying to sell his copy on ebay for $50 is apparently unaware of that fact. ;-) Another MoFi title with an upcoming repress is Tapestry by Carole King. Patience, grasshopper.

Analogue Productions did a series of Beach Boys albums, including the infamous Pet Sounds. It was made available in both Mono and Stereo versions, and in both 33-1/3 (a single LP) and 45RPM (2 LP’s) pressings. The Mono version, at both 33-1/3 and 45RPM, has been unavailable since the initial pressing sold out, so of course the price of copies for sale went up. The Mono/45RPM Pet Sounds is now again available from Acoustic Sounds, the 33-1/3 version will be shortly.
There is no accounting for taste and the weather. 

I was just given several hundred 78s. Now that's value. Going to have to get a 78 rpm cartridge.