Preferred Node 2i and Ayre CDP connections to Soekris 2541 DAC?

Old timer 2 channel guy who just today took delivery of a Soekris 2541 DAC, and I'm about to order a Node 2i for my first foray into the world of streaming.  I currently run an Ayre CDP via XLRs into my Pathos Logos integrated amp. I now plan on running the Soekris into the amp via XLRs. 

The Ayre CDP was rated very highly in it's day, but since it's now 15 years old, I assume I'd want to run that through the Soekris unit, as well as the Node.  My question/s is what do you recommend I run for connections from the Node and the Ayre CDP into the DAC?   Soekris has TOS, RCA, BNC, AES, and of course USB 'ins'. Since I have to purchase a new cable or two anyway, which connections would you suggest I use.  Ayre has XLR and RCA outs.  I've been away from the hobby for about a dozen years so explain your thoughts to me on the connections like I was a 4 year old. 
northwoods_maine
Node2i has S/PDIF RCA and Toslink out. RCA out sounds best, so you can go RCA to RCA input or RCA to BNC in. You need a 75ohm cable.

If your Ayre has AES/EBU out, you can run AES to the DAC.

Does your dac have separate RCA and BNC inputs? If so, you can use S/PDIF for both devices, although some users swear by using AES.

The Node only has Toslink outputs.
I don't know if you could route the Node through the Ayre DAC.
My take is to plug the Node into your DAC via Toslink and then output to your preamp.
Plug the CDP into the preamp or you could use the CDP as a transport and input that to your DAC.
If your CDP is older than 5 years, just about any 'newer' DAC should be an improvement on sound quality.
YMMV
B
If your Ayre CDP is an older model definitely try using it as a transport. Also, due to age it may not have AES digital out.
Since your DAC has both S/PDIF RCA and BNC, you can use them for Node and CD (with a 75ohm BNC adapter).

@lowrider57  Yes, DAC has separate RCA and BNC. Both are S/PDIP and are 75 ohm coax.  My hope/plan is to stop buying CDs and do mostly all Tidal or Qobuz, but I do have some silver discs that are obscure blues bands or smaller market bands that can't be found on the national services and I want to continue to play them but run the Ayre CDP through the DAC.  I need to pull it out of the rack and confirm, but from memory I think the Ayre CDP only has XLR and RCA outs (no AES). 

I understand running the Node from "Coax out" out to "RCA in" on DAC.  I'm confused about the CD to DAC connection.  Should that be RCA out to BNC in? So how does a left and right RCA out go into the single BNC?  Never owned any piece of equipment that had single RCA or BNC before so I'm a bit lost.