Preamp choices:Short list

Ok so I want to transition to a truly balanced system. My current components are single ended only. I have 3 choices of pre's: BAT vk-42SE, BAT vk-23SE or Rogue RP-7. Are there any clear front runners? (Note the 42SE is older, carries risk of servicing?). Thanks
jimbones
https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/benchmark-media-systems-la4-line-amplifier-and-dac3-b-dac

This is an incredible BALANCED preamp (read the TAS review from 3 weeks ago). It will not alter your signal with "enhancements" that a lot of people like. Sounds like your DAC, phono, and speakers (and maybe wires) can add the tone and leave the preamp with no signal enhancements.

I owned the BAT 42VK-SE it is not as good as the 1/3 the price LA4 or HPA4 refereed in the links above. BTW - Vicktor at BAT will always service those units or maybe the guys that bought BAT.

Some interesting info on Balanced vs Unbalanced
https://benchmarkmedia.com/blogs/application_notes/balanced-vs-unbalanced-analog-interfaces

not not sure of budget but being single ended, which some prefer, i’d look at the cj art that just came up. won’t last long. it’s among the best ever. 
in ss i think that the ml 523 would be exceptional given my experience with a 326s. it was really good in my system and should have kept it.
you can find a used 523 for under 9k at times.
fwiw
This is a very important issue particularly if you keep your amplifiers where they perform best which is right next to the speaker keeping speaker cables as short as possible. This means that you have to run long signal cables to the amplifiers and balanced cables can make these longer runs with far less noise. It is best to have all your analog equipment balanced but as Atma-sphere has related on numerous occasions there is real balance and fake balanced so you have to be careful until the industry settles this out. Some companies like Parasound try to go both ways. The JC1's have a gain switch, low gain for true balanced operation and high gain for fake balanced operation. Mono amps without balanced inputs are IMHO a total waste of money being compromised from the start. There is absolutely no advantage in remaining unbalanced.
Why only those three?  What pre are you using now, and what sound characteristics are you most looking for?  Budget?  You really didn’t give much to go on here to form a basis for a meaningful recommendation.