Class D

Been thinking of trying a D amp to reduce clutter. Most that I see are not rated at 2 ohms.  My PSB Stratus gold's will drop to 3 ohms or lower at some frequencies. So my question is will these types of amps handle this impedance ?
Thanks in advance. Chris
128x128zappas
Rogue Audio - your choice of an integrated amp to fit your budget.
If you are OK with an analog unit.
No DAC. Just good old days analog.
My Rogue Sphinx is handling my B&W, 85 dB Sens. bookshelves as they have never been before. Performance at 4 ohms is not a problem at all.Personally, I think the Sphinx will drive most anything.
Doubt the PSB's temporary dip to 3 ohms would be an issue.
Most of George's post is wrong. EPDR has no meaning really for ClassD.  As well, doubling power with half impedance has little meaning.  All that matters is distortion with low impedance loads.  Most amps that double in power start at comparatively low power at 8 ohms but are still "large" amplifiers. They have relatively low rail voltages. ClassD don't have the same design restrictions as linear amps. An amp that is 400 watts at 8/4/2 ohms has as much capability as an amp that is 100/200/400 watts at 8/4/2 ohms.  What matters is what is the limiting factor.

zappas OP

Some here have no idea, believe Stereophile’s tester JA and his measurements that I posted, he has more knowledge in his little toe, than most of the self proclaimed know all’s here.

Cheers George
I run a class D amp which doubles output from 8 to 4 ohms and is stable at 2 ohms. Also sounds fabulous ( Aavik U-300}. There are other good sounding class D which are stable at 2 ohms.