Class D

Been thinking of trying a D amp to reduce clutter. Most that I see are not rated at 2 ohms.  My PSB Stratus gold's will drop to 3 ohms or lower at some frequencies. So my question is will these types of amps handle this impedance ?
Thanks in advance. Chris
128x128zappas
Post removed 
Certain Class D amps thrive, others not so much.  AVM and Rogue I know from personal experience are fine and more than stable at these lower impedances.

Other brands I know struggle a bit.  
Some class D amps can have problems with more difficult speaker loads, but it's hard to know without trying if the manufacturer isn't saying.
I use Hypex, Ice and Behringer. ALL will push 1 ohm loads.

I don't like the sound of ICE or Behringer for anything other than BASS.
Both the 2K ice and the 12K Behringers, are PURE workhorses. I use them for what they are intended for. I use 3 12K double amp modules when we want a little THUMP for a block or two... Still cooling down from New Years. LOL

Hypex on the other hand.. Night and day to me.. I use Nords with revision D buffers..and NC500 modules. I opted for 2590 sparko pros for the opamps. I've used a LOT of different opamps through the years.. THAT one is a real keeper. My speakers are wired at 3.1 ohm. Small planars.

They did dip to under 2 ohms, before I split the circuit. 1.7ohms in the bass region..

I went to pure class D on the bass and Valves from 300hz and up.. I've NEVER looked back.. 5 years now..

I did some mods to the Behringers. I put HQ toggles on the PS fan and disconnect the other two and put them on a thermal ONLY switch. LOL They came on New years for the first time.. 8 12" UM, 4 15" UM and 2 18" UM. Ultimax Daytons 2496 Active XOs

About 100 CF of cabinets.. BOOM BOOM...VERY well behaved...

100+ db for over an hour.. We didn't need fire works.. KIDS..

Summer it's all class d for 3-4 months, come fall winter and spring, Class ds and Valves...Just a match made in heaven.. I'm pretty picky..

I don't care WHO makes it, I'll figure out if its worth a hoot. right app goes a long ways...

Regards...