A deeper more holographic soundstage.

I was wondering by what means you have created a deeper soundstage. I am satisfied with the width but I really feel it is a bit 2 dimensional. It doesn't go back far enough. I like more layers of sound that reach towards you from the blackness.
As I've already spent quite a bit on my system I am unable to buy much more expensive components.
Did you upgrade one component that made the difference? Placement of speakers? New footers or tweaks such as Stillpoints?
Two subs instead of one(I have one)? Different placement of subs? I am working with a very tight space so it is difficult to move things without them being in the center of the room.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
roxy1927
Actually, you probably mean 1 or 1 1/2 dimensional, as your system probably doesn't render much information about height either.

The *illusion* of depth is created in a number of ways.  For *most* systems, pulling the speakers further out from the wall behind them is the quickest, easiest, and cheapest solution.  This works, at least to some degree, 9 times out of 10.  If there are, err, domestic reasons why this cannot be done, you're up the proverbial creek.

Next up would be the correct acoustic treatment of your listening, but that's more expensive and more complicated, so let's try solution #1 first.

For the moment you can forget all those other tweaks.
I see no mention of acoustic upgrades only equipment. More equipment is just throwing money away on this problem. Only way to fix a limited space is acoustic treatment.  A sub array may help too.
My soundstage increased to where I wanted it upon the following:
Upgraded to an incredibly good preamp (Jeff Rowland Criterion); upgraded speaker cables to the best I could afford.  That gave me the depth and then the cables shaped the rear of the soundstage and gave it the definition.  I then added 6 Hemoltz Resonators (Vicoustic Bass Traps) and that took out any bass smudge that was taking away from the definition of the depth of the sound stage.  I then upgraded my turntable, arm and phone stage and it just spotlighted all of the information from front to back with gobs of music.  
roxy, you really need to give more info on your room and speaker placement.  While, yes, the recording has much to do with how much depth can be reproduced, speaker placement is the single biggest thing that will re-create what is on the recording.  You do not need expensive gear to do this.  In a prior small audio room I had, the speakers were nearly half way out into the room with the seat near the rear wall.  Depth was very very impressive.  A trumpet recorded at a distance would extend way beyond the front wall--at least that was the illusion that was created.  Any other things you do will be very minor in comparison.