Rockport Atria II or Magico A5

I'm considering a change from my Focal Kanta 3s and will be auditioning Rockport Atria IIs and Magico A5s soon.  I've heard the Rockports and Magico S3 IIs together,  but not the A5s. Rockports more than held their own.   

Looking for opinions as to how either the Atrias or A5s would pair with my D'Agostino Progression Integrated and M Scaler/Dave   

My space is 15x21x14 ft and I stream Roon almost exclusively.   

My musical tastes are varied - classical, opera, jazz/blues, classic rock, indie  

I listen at moderate volumes and value clear separation between voices, but with a "coherent" sound overall if that makes sense.  This is what the Rockports seemed to achieve moreso than the Magico as I recall.  

Thanks and stay safe.  

128x128cantorgale
I don’t own the Rockports but recently auditioned them. I did not like everything about them but I was very impressed with the separation of voices, imaging and coherence.  The found them a bit thin and forward but my audition was at an audio show so maybe not reasonable that they can do everything right in this environment.
One thing that is great about this hobby; are the many choices, in speakers or otherwise and all at different price points.  I auditioned Magico and Rockport extensively.  I also auditioned many Wilson models.  The Rockport provide me the sound signature that  I was searching for, and thus, my choice.  No one brand is the end all be all; buy what pleases you and replace as you want, when you want.

Good luck in your search and enjoy in good health,
Jose
I have home auditioned Magico S3 and dealer demoed S1 and A3 and heard the Rockport and Magicos at the Munich shows. The Magico sound is quite clinical sounding, and they all sounded absolutely spell-binding on electronic music. I really did not warm to the sound of the Magico on acoustic music or classical. In terms of a rather dry sounding analytical speaker I feel the top of the Wilson Benesh range does it better than Magico. The Rockport, by contrast, sounded a lot more musical. Like a Wilson but to my ears, more engaging. However, whilst the Munich show is good, with big rooms, it is not the ideal environment.

Avalon and Joseph speakers have that very musical (maybe slightly ’warm’?) but still detailed sound too, and are even further away from the Magico sound. From what I heard Rockport sit more in the middle of this spectrum.
@rhapsody  Thanks for your information on the required amp to drive the A5. I think this would rule out a lot of great sounding gear. I also believe that very careful amp/speaker matching is going to be required with the A5's, given what you posted. Pity that so many manufacturer's of speakers still require one to acquire a more powerful tube amp or a brute of a ss amp in order to properly drive their design. IME, the more powerful the tube amp...the worse it sounds. YMMV.
The only point that I would make regarding my amp suggestions, is that I would say the same pertaining toYG, Wilson, Rockport etc and almost every dynamic/cabinet speaker. Not the same with horns or other higher efficiency speakers or course.

So, if low wattage tube amps are ones desire, then more efficient speakers are appropriate.

I personally try to find the speaker that I like and then amplify it appropriately vs finding a speaker that matches the types of amps that I want to listen to. But I understand the lure of low wattage SET’s or even low wattage tube PP amps. All personal preference. Many great choices for everyone these days.

Happy Holidays!