what are your cartridge set up go to

What alignment tool are you using and has anyone used those forceps style tools that grip the connectors instead of basically squishing it ? 
128x128oleschool
I use the Feickert protractor and find it accurate and easy to use. I've never owned the Nasotec tweezers, but they seem like a useful tool. I just use needle nose pliers and and grab the cartridge clips by the solder flange. Seems to work fine.
Best Tractor/Mint Lp glass dedicated template is my alignment tool of choice, but i have a few more including the Feikert on my shelf gathering dust. the Mint Lp removes all ambiguity from the process.

fool proof.

https://mintlp.com/best.htm

i use tweezers, a light touch, and a good light........for attaching the cartridge clips.

i have 4 turntables and 5 active arms. and am very happy with my process.
I own the Nasotec tweezers - gets the job done. Less chance of damaging the clips/cable with my chubby fingers. I've owned the Feickert protractor, but prefer the Acoustical Systems SmarTractor. Its pricey (~650), but worth it IMO.
Protractor without Pivot to Spindle measurement is useless for those who own multiple tonearms and turntables. 
If your tonearm is not fixed to turntable by manufacturer then your fist step is PS distance check, before cartridge alignment.

PS ruler must be on protractor, just like Dr. Feickert NG, then you can start with PS distance first and after with 3 given methods (on one protractor: Baerwald, Lofgren, Stevenson). This is really the best money can buy, all in one! This is Feickert NG (great quality and price to have all in one).