Name the most recent album that has shaped your musical world

Every now and then, sometimes when you're least expecting it, an album comes along that shifts, develops, and extends the shape of your music world.The album/artist/creation doesn't have to be a sea-change from your previous taste, but it does have to add a flavor to that taste palette that was missing before.

In the past few years, creations like M83's "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming", TV on the Radio's "Quartz", and Wye Oak's "The Louder I Call, The Faster It Runs" have all done this. But most recently, Janelle Monae's "Dirty Computer" eased me into a new musical shape, itself populated by Erykah Badu, Dominique Fils-Aime, and others I wouldn't have discovered had it not been for Monae's brilliant, game-changing release.
128x128simao
I work from home and play music all day, every day. I like most all genres of music; however, when working I tend to levitate towards ambient music. My foray into ambient really started with my deep love for Moby. I’ve created huge (4 x 4,000+ cuts) ambient Tidal playlists (happy to share, just send me a private message), but what really sticks out for me in more recent times was the discovery of a great album and recording of Pauline Anna Strom’s Trans-Millenia Music. She also has such a compelling musical story that begins with her being born blind (think about that one for a moment). Cheers!
Rokia Traore- Beautiful Africa
Ibrahim Ferrer- Buena Vista Social Club Presents Ibrahim Ferror
@mapman So true. Putumayo collections were a major part of my musical maturation.